Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WhY Did This Happen ????.

Re: WhY Did This Happen ????.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Did you clean the inner parts of the shaft before gluing in your inserts? Use a nylon brush(like a neck brush for reloading) and clean out the inside of the carbon shaft. The carbon dust from cutting interferes with the bone.

Give more specs on the set up.
    Crossbow? Weight? Shafts? Weight?

The bolts come all assembled ready to use.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    crappy factory string ... crappy factory... assembled bolts ...Using leather to wax the string .... possibly even wrong wax ... designed for synthicitic fibers and natural fibre string???

All reasons Above why I Rarely if ever shoot factory strings ... build my own arrows, and never use leather while waxing a string ...

Having an arrow break where it did .. suggests a couple of things ... either it wasn't nocked properly ... or and I am leaning in this direction ... it was damaged from getting hit by another arrow in a previous target practice session
    I waxed my string on the ex caliber I had for two years did it the same way I did this one never had a prob doing it this way ,I think the string was a piece of crap and thats why it broke .

I check every bolt I put in to make sure it is down all the way and this bolt was anchored down all the way ,its when I shot that the string broke.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 03-15-2011 at 12:12 PM.

I am sure wayne isn't stupid enough to rub the string fast enough to create friction to damage the string... using fingers builds heat too.
    He's owned a crossbow for years.
    Clearly the inserts weren't glued where they were purchased from...

Wayne I would send the thing back and go with a mainstream product.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

i was always told to wax the string after use, not just before use.
    but i do not think this is the reason the string failed,i think you can blame china for that

I just got my finger out of the ice to post this new message my finger is a lot better after being in ice for 15 min.

Anyways I talked to one the big wigs from Maximus bows I explained all to him he said that there was nothing I did wrong and that the strings that come with the bow I bought are garbage ,yes you heard right garbage I wish I had knowen this from the start.

Marc has the same bow and I will send him a message telling him about this problum with the factory strings that come with the cross bows I don't want him to get hurt.

He said that there is a string that will hold up to this cross bow it is called a ballistic string and they shot over a hundred rounds with this string and it held up.

regarding why the tips came out he said that there is so much in pact when the bolt hits the target that they come loose the bolts that they sent me are very good carbon bolts the name is gold tip he said to send all back and he will replace all and also they will send a new ballistic string .
    Last edited by hunter1947; 03-15-2011 at 01:09 PM.

in the the "maintenance " thread , it was stated that it is okay to use soft pliable leather to rub in the wax.

Adds a whole new dimention to hunting! Known as Chinese Roulette.

Out of curiosity Wayne, do you own any Chinese rifles?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Adds a whole new dimention to hunting! Known as Chinese Roulette.

Out of curiosity Wayne, do you own any Chinese rifles?

No and thank god I don't ..

Wayne, did everything happen regarding you finger when you pulled the trigger?
    A buddy of mine almost lost the tip of his finger by holding his finger to high and the string got him good, but no exlposion like you had.
    I've never had a problem using the excaliber bolts or the tips they say to use.
    Maybe your finger slowed the string down enough to lose contact with the bolt, then caught up to it after your finger was outta the way?
    Quite puzzling if your finger wasn't in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    Wayne, did everything happen regarding you finger when you pulled the trigger?
    A buddy of mine almost lost the tip of his finger by holding his finger to high and the string got him good, but no exlposion like you had.
    I've never had a problem using the excaliber bolts or the tips they say to use.
    Maybe your finger slowed the string down enough to lose contact with the bolt, then caught up to it after your finger was outta the way?
    Quite puzzling if your finger wasn't in the way.
    I had my hand holding the stock like you do a rifle but you see the string when it broke hit my finger and did it ever hit it hard I am having my secont drink of whisky to help ease the pain LOL.