Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Special Sheep Permit Officially Back On!

Re: Special Sheep Permit Officially Back On!

Quote Originally Posted by willy442 View Post
    My money is on a ram over 178 in November. The highway is too pounded for anyone wanting quality sheep to waste time on. Lots of other timbered areas in ewe and lamb country that harbor big rams every year.
    No doubt November hunting would be hot for rutting rams and the snow making them quite visible as they start venturing out and about!

It will be interesting to see what kind of effort is put in to locate such a ram and what time of year it gets taken. Whether early such as in July, regular season, November / December or March on winter range before dispersal.

Any of you guys on the "in" no how many tickets are generally sold ? Im sure year to year they vary a bit, just trying to figure out my odds out if I drop 1000$ on tickets.

There has been less than a 1000 tickets sold and the numbers dropped off when the draw was moved away from the usual LEH deadline to placate the whiners who felt the auctioned tagholder had an advantage somehow over the raffled tag since the auction was held in Jan and Feb and the resident draw wasn't till June. Unfortunately that reduced the number of raffle tickets sold and it has never bounced back.

So, if the draw is 1000 to 1, buy 4 tags, hopefully it will be available online again so you can pay with your CC, and that brings it to 250 to 1 which is better than some of the other sheep draws in the province.

The beauty of this draw is that the funds are primarily designated for sheep whereas the regular LEH draws are not.

Yes, a BC resident is welcome to bid the auctioned tag, in fact last year
    a BC resident finding out that the permit had been canceled ended up taking the Alberta special tag back from Reno with him instead.

And that is correct a Canadian has won the bid on the KIB ram a couple times as well. It's just too bad that the resident raffle tag had to be drawn through the LEH as this meant there was no conservation revenue
    available to the local KIB area for sheep programs. If drawn separately it would also create additional chances for the residents to apply for sheep draws.

I see that the tickets for 2012 have to be in by October of 2011. That's too bad that they are off sync again from the LEH as this will likely reduce the number of applicants again. Should make for better odds.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

By service bc we're talking access centre type of deal????? And by mid march we're talking end of april???

I just checked and was told by a sporting goods store that they were available for purchase...

How much is each ticket selling for?