Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone practice in their house?

Re: Anyone practice in their house?

i made a dutch baffle box a few years ago its about 30"x30" it holds 22long rifle really well i have shot my 243 into it a bunch but its quite loud. i can get 31 yards in my basment

Great post Rob . While basement launching I shot a older bakealite telephone off the wall .
    Wondered about the round holes in the drywall of inside one of the bedroom closests , made a backstop .
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

When i was too young to know any better me and my cousin blew the crap out of the garage door with a small bow i had. I cant remember the distance though?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    When I first picked up a bow I shot in my garage a bit....but I can go outside anytime of the yr if I choose.

SSS
    Like SSS, I too would rather shoot outside ,
    like a little 15 target 3d course of Rineharts

Quote Originally Posted by KB90 View Post
    And why not? what do you think is going to happen?

I can tell you shooting a bow in your house is a hell of a lot more dangerous than dry firing a rifle
    Like I said, JUST ME but I would never do that.

Plus this is an archery forum and not interested in getting into a debate with what you do or dont do in your own house with your guns. Thats your issue. I was just stating my opinion.
    Last edited by Jonas111; 03-14-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Been doing it for years.Usually wife and kids are away or upstairs kind of above and behind where i'm at and I shoot to the other end of the house.Prob get 12 yds.A little more exciting than regular target shooting.Are there water lines in that wall?Or the main power line?

When I was young and stupid, my grandfather gave me a Crossman air rifle. I used it to play Kniky Kniky 9 doors ( I use to shoot the front doors from our basement window). If my dad ever found out I still wouldn't be able to sit on my rear end.......

I used to shoot an huge stuffed bull in my back yard and one day i decided to see what damage an old broad head would do to a tennis ball on its head. Sure enough the arrow clipped the side of the ball and bounce over the fence into the next door neighbors yard
    Last edited by seanfalloy; 03-14-2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Sorry for the confusion Rob.
    My reference to not reading between the lines was for the post of Procupine's, "I practice in my basement by DRY FIRING at pictures of the game I intend to hunt. Never had an accident."
    I just knew that the question of dry firing the bow was coming down the pike from someone, not necessarily anyone specific.
    And to answer the question, "How do you dry fire a bow?" You don't!
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Just on Rob. Was practicing in my basement, less than ten yrds, collapsed instead of following through. Needless to say, my mom was in the downstairs bathroom when the first six inches of my fatboy 500 punched through the drywall!!