Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone practice in their house?

Re: Anyone practice in their house?

Better to haul the couch and t.v out side . Lighten your draw weight and you won`t shake so bad pulling your bow back, people will quit laughing. I owed you that and a couple more. lol

Arrow through the steel garage door.

No more target shooting in the garage.

Bow Walker Guest

Got two dogs at home. One of which is only in its first year. I want to see it get older. So - no - I don't practice indoors.

coyotes out the window?
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 04-03-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: fixed spelling mistake
    Can't hit it if you don't shoot.

I shoot my primitve long bow {bout 50#} off my porch and across the yard . Got a homemade target made of a foam pool cover . Always keep my trajectory pointing down so if I miss I'll hit dirt. i did bounce one of my homemade cedar shafts off a rock . Searched for it and thought it was lost to the bushes . a week later I found it on my door step , figure I must have pissed someone off. Always make sure the neighbers aren't home when I shoot , just in case.
    I kill things and eat them.

at are old house i shoot 10 yards all the time in the basement

Years ago I had my wife doing some measuring while I was at full draw with an arrow on. My release touched off by accident sending the rubber blunt tipped arrow right through the laundry room wall, through the siding and bounced off my truck. It left a black smudge on the chrome grill on the truck. Couldn't believe the kinetic energy that arrow had. It only had six feet to go before coming into contact with the wall so no time to slow down.
    That is how I learned to draw with my finger behind the release.
    B.C. craft beer....it's why I come home

You can dry fire a bow, draw back with no arrow and release. I seen a youtube video of a guy shooting his crossbow and he forgot to put a bolt in and fired it, it blew the limbs apart. I practice in the yard and in a field near by, in winter I don't practice.
    Barnes ttsx, the four pedals of death that lead to great a great BBQ.

I shoot in my living room, not that shooting from five feet has any real practise value, but sometimes I really feel like letting some shots go in the evening, especially after I bought my new bow

let an arrow go through a window at a shop I use to work at. lucky it was a glass shop I worked at.