Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Inside Pics of the Lodge>

Re: Inside Pics of the Lodge>

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterguy View Post
    Approx. 3200. I weighed it with three quads in it weighed 6400, 10,000 pound gvw.
    How is that over the limit for a 3 quarter ton?
    6400 is well within the limit of my F150, even if the truck itself was loaded up with typical hunting/camping gear.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    How is that over the limit for a 3 quarter ton?
    6400 is well within the limit of my F150, even if the truck itself was loaded up with typical hunting/camping gear.
    Always tons of confusion with this. I'm still confused by it depending who I talk to. But flat deck and cargo trailers over 1400kg classify as commercial trailers so they are subject to different rules. I think the combined weight of the truck and trailer combo needs to be within the GVW of the truck.

A link to BC gov sheet here: https://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/refere...info_sheet.pdf

Thank You ! I don’t know what $16,000 would get you in a travel trailer ?
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterguy View Post
    Artic tough to say not counting my labor to do the inside 16,000.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by skuntor View Post
    Always tons of confusion with this. I'm still confused by it depending who I talk to. But flat deck and cargo trailers over 1400kg classify as commercial trailers so they are subject to different rules. I think the combined weight of the truck and trailer combo needs to be within the GVW of the truck.

A link to BC gov sheet here: https://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/refere...info_sheet.pdf
    I don't think it's that confusing. Correct me if i'm wrong.

My F150, 4x4, 3.73 gears, crew cab, short wheel base is:

GVWR: 7200lb (truck + cargo)
    GCWR: 15100lb (truck + cargo + trailer)

Last time i weighed my truck with 2 guys in it was 6162lb

7200-6162 = 1038.
    So my remaining payload capacity is 1,038lbs

15100 - 6162 = 8938
    So my max trailer weight is 8,938lbs

If i loaded my truck with, say my ATV, my truck weight (GVWR) would be: 6162 + 650 = 6,812lbs

So my max trailer weight now would be 15,100 - 6,812 = 8,288lbs

This is the way i understand it.

I think the confusion comes from the numbers not quite matching up. My truck's payload is 1560lbs, as per the manual. But if you subtract the ACTUAL weight of the truck from its GVWR of 7200, you get 1038lbs!! The only way i can see them coming up with that 1560lb figure is if they weigh the truck without anything in it, without driver, empty tank of gas, no accessories, empty glovebox and no floor mats. lol.

Advertised max trailer weight is 9300lb. Again, that is if you have absolutely nothing in the truck itself.
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 05-01-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Great build. I hunt out the back door of my house here. The wood stove is what I would put a slow cook on maybe even baked spuds on the top. We bake our spuds all the time on top of the stove during winter.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Hope this helps towards your builds. Enjoy your build.

I see that the Cargo builds are becoming more popular. You won’t regret putting some thought and time into a build. The Moose is Loose Lodge is 11 years old and can’t count the amount of clicks that it has on it. Since this post was written there has been a few upgrades to make it even more comfortable both on those rough forest service roads and in camp. Can’t post pics, to difficult but send a PM with any questions and can send some pics. Stay safe, the Lodge.