Thread: New High Country Ordered

New High Country Ordered

Just ordered my new High Country Speed Pro X10 today and I'm pretty excited... HCA are going to start to assemble it today or on Monday and it should be shipped and on it's way Tuesday. I ordered it with the black riser and black limbs. Can't wait to shoot this baby!
    Last edited by TIKKA TIGER; 03-11-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Added Picture
    2011 HCA Speed Pro X10

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: New High Country Ordered

Very nice looking bow. Should be beaut. Be sure to post up when you finaly get it.

What are you going to fit it out with?

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Very nice looking bow. Should be beaut. Be sure to post up when you finaly get it.

What are you going to fit it out with?
    I'm going to dress my bow up in stages as follows:
    I'm going to put on the Trijicon Accupin bow sight or the HHA Optimizer Lite XL 5510.
    Smooth Stability Stabilizer
    A 2011 QAD Ultra Rest HDX.
    For a quiver, I'm thinking the Treelimb Premium Series Riser Mount.
    Gold Tip Velocity XT Arrows

Hopefully it should be a real nice setup. I will definitely post pics. when it's all complete...
    Last edited by TIKKA TIGER; 03-21-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Changes Made
    2011 HCA Speed Pro X10

Bow Walker Guest

Mainly 3D and target? That the reason for the single in sight? I've got one on my target bow and have swapped out the old fiber optic for a new blue one. Works great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Mainly 3D and target? That the reason for the single in sight? I've got one on my target bow and have swapped out the old fiber optic for a new blue one. Works great for me.
    I'm using the bow mostly for hunting and some 3D. The reason for the single pin as I prefer just the one pin, less confusion that way on which pin to use for these old eyes of mine. Doesn't take long at all to make the yardage adjustment before the shot if need be.
    2011 HCA Speed Pro X10

Bow Walker Guest

I'm too afraid of spooking the quarry or having it move off while I'm fumbling with the sight adjustment to go with the single pin while hunting.

I started out with multiple pins and just became used to using that certain pin # down from the top. In other words, I'd figure the yardage and think to myself "That's the second pin down". So far so good.

I know guys who do use the single pin for hunting though. So far so good for them too.

I shot my new Speed Pro X10 today and paper tuned it. This bow is shootin' bullet holes and what a pleasure to shoot. I'm using Gold Tip Velocity XT 400 arrows, 27-3/8" long, at 348 grains and they went thru the chrono at 309 fps. This arrow will be my hunting arrow. The bow is maxxed out at 62 lb. I think if I went to a 300 grain arrow I would get close to 330 fps. I'm very impressed with this bow and looking forward to shooting some more tomorrow...
    2011 HCA Speed Pro X10

Bow Walker Guest

Great choice of shafts! GT makes (imho) the best shaft for the $$$.