Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Sheep Plans

Re: 2011 Sheep Plans

Leavin the end of july in a buddies NEW riverboat for 10 days up north for stones if were unsucsesful then another buddies dad is going to show us some bighorn spots in the koots.
    How many more sleeps till sheep season starts again

Got the Dall tag for 29, Aug......caribou/stone trip, Sept.
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Highway hike in for stones. Season opener. Can't wait.
    Last edited by KB90; 03-12-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Going in for Stone's for the opener. Can't wait

Taking the new bow and giving it a try for Stones. Not sure when, but it will happen!

hmmmm well first day back @ work today after the first knee surgery..and two kidney surgeries... and the next surgery on the left knee is scheduled for??? (soon I hope )

So IF that gets done in time its off to the EAST KOOTENAYS for the next leg of my sheep quest...BIGHORNS..

Im thinking the first part of the season.....unfortunatly from what I hear all mystudying is for naught as everything has been changing...sounds like a disslike for competition...little do the know Im no compitition..just 2 weeks in the mountains looking for sheep..

As for that High Tuya lake area..been up there a couple of years ago 2 cariboo one was a GRONK... world record book ...huge..and we seen some stones heep , however the rams were not big enough ..beautiful country BUT when it blew and rained.....have GOOD tents water proof and STURDY QUALITY...

Good luck to all...any EXPERIENCED East Kootenay sheep hunters with advice..Im all ears......

cheers
    Steven

Geez, Steven. By the time the surgeons are done you'd better be bionic! Do you get frequent flyer discounts??? I had two knee surgeries in 16 months and that was enough for me...

Found some new honey holes on google earth. Backpack Grouse trip. Should be some bruisers

Planning an other 12-14 days hunt with my brother for this summer chasing stone and/or goat. This year I’m a resident so I’ll have tags!!!! Great time again and I hope we have success again.
    Last edited by Call of the Wild; 03-12-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Hoping to hit the mountains just below the clouds in the top of the photo. I will have to come at it from a different angle this time. Can't wait. Good luck to all.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.