Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating Waterfowl?

Eating Waterfowl?

I have never hunted waterfowl before, as I have always been hestitant to eat something that may have wintered on a Mexican sewage or toxic waste lagoon. Are my fears misfounded??
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Eating Waterfowl?

What would be the difference between say Iona's or Cowichan's or Mexican seweage lagoons???? Just sayin'.
    Cheers------Field Marshal.

Don't shoot the one's that glow!
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Be more concerned the birds have been dining on sea life as they taste fishy.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

x2 with tomahawk, fishy duck is rank!
    270win Browning A-bolt
    12g Maverick 88 Field
    30-30 Marlin

Just had some ducks from Duncan area in a Smoked Sausage, Oyster, Okra Duck Gumbo and it was great! That said, I soak the ducks in salted water and then boil them until soft. I drain the water, clean off any tissue on the meat and then add it to the mix. This always works.

After watching the film FOOD INC. you should be more worried about what you buy at the markets ,at least ducks are not force fed to gain 5lbs. in 40 days like chickens and also unable to walk,I am glad that at least the chemicals in the waterfowl I shoot are self ingested and if there bad enough they usually die before I get my chance..

x2 with Dutch.

We all eat a lot of foods that have been pumped full of chemicals and hormones to increase growth rates and shelf life.

Some of the best tasting wild life come in forms that eat what we (and others) leave behind. Flat fish, crab, prawns, all types of shell fish are all bottom feeders that produce some of the best eating anywhere.

hmmmmmmm....I wonder if a duck that wintered in a Mexican sewage lagoon would taste like tacos. It would beat a fishy duck any day.

cwf
    'try not, do or do not, there is no try'-YODA

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/UT71m7.png

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/Tx3Zm7.png

they already have fish tacos (taco del mar) taco de duck. if you think you will not like them roasted get it ground up into pepperoni of sausage once mixed with pork you can't even tell its duck

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    Just had some ducks from Duncan area in a Smoked Sausage, Oyster, Okra Duck Gumbo and it was great! That said, I soak the ducks in salted water and then boil them until soft. I drain the water, clean off any tissue on the meat and then add it to the mix. This always works.
    While I'm sure that the above method works great - I bet that the resulting meat in no way tastes like duck anymore (or even resembles duck), which I thought was the original intent when shooting ducks for the table...