Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 200yard with a hunting bow.

Re: 200yard with a hunting bow.

Randys an idiot ... and look at the sky background ... hardly his first try ... nor second attempt at 200 yards at a balloon .....
    you wanna impress me ... tube a smaller arrow into a larger one shooting fingers ....and recurve
    like these guys .....

Randy ... or anyone else in the world for that matter dont come anywhere close to this shooters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcNY2...eature=related

Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 03-31-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

easy now mikey he made the shot on camera no need to call him an idoit i agree 200 yards is a long shot but even if it took him all day he made it thats more than we can say even though i never tryed it yet . and ruger 4 if he was shooting a hoyt he would have got it on the first shot lol
    i'd rather my sister was a hooker than shoot a mathews

This shooter sure is the best of the best would have never believed it without seeing it with my own eyes he has got some really skills for sure ,thanks for posting..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Bow Walker Guest

It's a shot that anyone can make - given enough practice, and a big enough area to shoot in. Hell, even I could make a shot like that. You could too Wayne. Your crossbow is very capable of making a shot like that.

If it is legitimate I'd have to say I'm impressed. You would have to be standing in that corn field to actually know for certain. I would have figured those arrow knocks would be a lot higher sticking out of the target. And to make those three shots in the wind conditions he was dealing with. I have to say I'm sceptical.

I'll try it today with my bowtech. see how many shots it takes me. my longest pin is 80 but I have shot at 100 a few times. bet i can do it in under 20 arrows. Im no pro and my arrows are not that good, most of them have already been through animals or have torn vanes. that is by no means imposible shot material in my opinion. Plus everyone gets lucky...
    Can't hit it if you don't shoot.

Bow Walker Guest

I am positive that you can do it. I know I could, and my bow shoots less that 260 fps. Of course my POI would be something like 45 to 50 degrees over the target, but I know that I could do it.

I tried it. I was dealing with 6-12 feet of wind. 100 yards hit medium pizza box 2-3 times. 150 missed 3 times hit 4th and 6th. 200 yards could no longer see through my peep at normal anchor point bow was pointed into the sky big time. bare bow style now. 3 arrows off the concreat about 20 feet short wind drift into the hay stack was huge. next 3 arrow about 12 feet low. Shot 3 more 1st and 2nd had right elivation 1.5-2.5 feet of wind drift was compansating about 8feet. last shot was 3 feet high and 2feet wind. I was anchord as normal but looking just below my peep my arrow point was my sight point and it was pointed about 10 feet over the barn. arrows were hitting at about 30 degree angle. the ones that hit the concreat were bending the insert in the shaft. Bowtech patriot dually 70#+, 7595 goldtip arrows with 100gr. tips
    It was fun trying. I will hit it next try when its not so windy and raining.

PS.I think a long range peep should be installed above my normal one, and through my anchor point away.

Bow Walker Guest

So your arrows were hitting at a 30 degree angle, eh? Sort of makes you wonder what distance Randy was shooting at to get near level arrow impact.? Hmmmm.

Oh I get it! Randy was shooting that new 220 lb Monster-tech with those famous 'cloth yard arrows'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    So your arrows were hitting at a 30 degree angle, eh? Sort of makes you wonder what distance Randy was shooting at to get near level arrow impact.? Hmmmm.

Oh I get it! Randy was shooting that new 220 lb Monster-tech with those famous 'cloth yard arrows'.
    My bow is not slow and my arrows were on way more angle than his. It's possible but I don't believe that guy on the tv. He is what I call hardcore hollywood. Prove me wrong....