Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 200yard with a hunting bow.

Re: 200yard with a hunting bow.

ok mikey i was wrong after reading rustys post you were right he is full of shit
    i'd rather my sister was a hooker than shoot a mathews

Bow Walker Guest

That guy's bow - on TV - is no more powerful than yours. The only difference was the arrows he was using. He used Lightspeeds and you used your regular hunting arrows. Even with the difference in diameter and weight I cannot see his arrows hitting the target almost level, from that distance. Just doesn't add up.

he was shooting a 70 pound monster ... with easpon axis 500s ... I have to question that choice too ... normally out of a 70 pound monster the 500s would fly like a wet peice of spaghetti .....

I'll give 200 yards a shot with my Pure and ACEs (an arrow designed for long distance and a bow with as much speed as a monster) ... I remember about 5 years ago we were playing battleclout at 200 yards ... my supertec shooting lightspeeds(built for hunter class) at 200 yards I was getting 10-15 foot groups
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by knockturnal View Post
    hes got skills..... thats all i can say about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgl-K...eature=related
    Cool,

500 spine arrow at 70lbs ???? Seems a bit of a odd set up !

I shot last night and tonight at 140 yards indoors with my target bow at 50 pounds with Victory VAP.

Totally different conditions and different bow set up.

I hit a 8" group several times.

I can shoot indoors out to 200 yards easy so im gonna give it a try. I have only went to 140 as my target sight will not go any further at the moment but I can fix that easy !

In fact I just may put it on u tube as im sick of seeing yankees on tv all the time !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I shot last night and tonight at 140 yards indoors with my target bow at 50 pounds with Victory VAP.

Totally different conditions and different bow set up.

I hit a 8" group several times.

I can shoot indoors out to 200 yards easy so im gonna give it a try. I have only went to 140 as my target sight will not go any further at the moment but I can fix that easy !

In fact I just may put it on u tube as im sick of seeing yankees on tv all the time !!!!

that a boy go n get r done i like to see you on film lol
    i'd rather my sister was a hooker than shoot a mathews