Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 yards possible?

100 yards possible?

A friend and I took our bows out yesterday, with a round bale as a back stop we made my way out to 100 yards, 10 yards at a time. I was amazed and shocked at what is possible with our newer compound HUNTING bows. 20 inch groups were consistantly hit at 90 yards!

I have to say we were both very excited as our arrows pierced the air for over 1 second flight time. At 100 yards the target was missed as the hold over was in the sky!

One of the most fun things I have done with my bow. We both did not think it was possible as we had never shot past 60 yards.

Obviously this is NOT a hunting related post, so don't get your g-string in a twist.

Will post up video next time I go out and try it again.

Wind was minimal but still there.
    Last edited by BiG Boar; 03-08-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 100 yards possible?

get a sight extension and a longer stabilizer you would be 10 inches at 100 yards for sure.

Stabilizer is 11 inches. How long are you thinking? What is a sight extension? Will is it just like adding more pins to the sight?
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

thats a decent stabalizer my target bow has a 22 inch . the sight extension i like to use extends the sight stright out farther away from you making it more accurate i shoot out to 200 yards

I try to shoot a lot to 100 yds... makes the 60yds shots feel like chip shots....
    moose are for people too lazy to hunt elk

200 yards! Wow! That is incredible. I would never have dreamed that would be possible!

Can anyone beat his 200 yards?

no wind warm day i can group arrows around the 20 to 24 inch range at 200 yards i have the odd flyer

Bow Walker Guest

When I was living in Vanc. I used to go to the flat field archery range in Burnaby to shoot. That field extends for almost 120 yards. I used to shoot out to 100 yards each time I was there - if there weren't too many other shooters, that is.

It's a riot and you're right, its great fun to watch your arrows fly through the air for what seems like minutes, before impacting the target. Out in Walnut Grove or Langey there should be some fields where you can shoot out to greater distances. That type of shooting is called Casting, if I recall correctly. Great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Out in Langey there should be some fields where you can shoot out to greater distances.
    One of the only municipalities where its not okay to discharge a bow.

Detlef sight , sight tape , adjust to 100 yards , hold scoped pin on lungs

we practice long range here (on the farm ) all the time , and again this

sunday
    Last edited by Ruger4; 03-08-2011 at 01:13 PM.