Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Alpine Mule Deer Hunting

Re: Alpine Mule Deer Hunting

Nice pics WF !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Man the pics of the alpine in this thread just get my adrenaline going! Makes me want to run out there right now!

Wanting to get in to my first alpine deer scouting trip. Perused this thread and there is so much useful information here. Anyone attempted alpine mule deer in 3-16? Couple spots I’m wanting to try but I’m wondering if Nahatlatch FSR is open? The rec sites heading in from Boston Bar are still showing they are closed due to flood damage. Any one know if that is still the case? Is there a time frame for it to be reopened if it is still closed?

I’m considering 3-16 because it isn’t too far from me.

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    Man the pics of the alpine in this thread just get my adrenaline going! Makes me want to run out there right now!

Wanting to get in to my first alpine deer scouting trip. Perused this thread and there is so much useful information here. Anyone attempted alpine mule deer in 3-16? Couple spots I’m wanting to try but I’m wondering if Nahatlatch FSR is open? The rec sites heading in from Boston Bar are still showing they are closed due to flood damage. Any one know if that is still the case? Is there a time frame for it to be reopened if it is still closed?

I’m considering 3-16 because it isn’t too far from me.
    I know the 4wdBC guys do nahatlach alot, they would probably be worth talking to on Facebook if you're looking for info

Love this thread thanks guys. I am transplant from region 4 and for the life of me I cannot get on a legal buck. Last year was my 4th year of being skunked. Hopefully not again this year. Fingers crossed!

Great thread. Thanks for bringing it back.

Great pictures! Love the HBC hat

Quote Originally Posted by brotherjames View Post
    Love this thread thanks guys. I am transplant from region 4 and for the life of me I cannot get on a legal buck. Last year was my 4th year of being skunked. Hopefully not again this year. Fingers crossed!
    Hang in there man, most hunters don't bag one for the first little while...I too love this thread...I learned the most about hunting deer/elk when I didn't hammer something..

So I had limited scouting in a new area to me due to work and family obligations, and I haven't made it to this spot as of yet because I've been focusing on hunting 6 pt elk up to this point..however, I'm thinking of checking out this spot I found in Aug, plenty of deer sign then, but will they still be there come early Oct? Hard to say...2100-2200 m in elevation, not alpine but some segments are sub alpine, and it had a semi recent burn...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    So I had limited scouting in a new area to me due to work and family obligations, and I haven't made it to this spot as of yet because I've been focusing on hunting 6 pt elk up to this point..however, I'm thinking of checking out this spot I found in Aug, plenty of deer sign then, but will they still be there come early Oct? Hard to say...2100-2200 m in elevation, not alpine but some segments are sub alpine, and it had a semi recent burn...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Oh man that beautiful country! Thanks for posting.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

^^^^^^^. Sure is ! ^^^^^^^^
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !