Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpine Mule Deer Hunting

Re: Alpine Mule Deer Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    Bump this to the top getting excited for my first alpine hunt this year. Hopefully find some decent spots in 3-16 for my doe in November maybe even a nice 4 point
    Good chance they have migrated by nov.

Hey guys , I am planning to get out on my first Alpine hike this September and I cannot wait . Thanks for all the great advice you have shared so far. I Envy your wisdom and knowledge. Planning to get out near Darcy as recommended by some of the folk in this forum. I'm a North Van guy so it shouldn't be too bad of a haul.. Good luck to everyone this season!

It's easy to 'stink-up' a basin .... be careful, try not to move into it unless you've picked out your game animal.
    As mentioned above ....... glass till your eyes fall out.
    The real big bucks will stay up in deeper snow ....
    Have fun ...... early season alpine is a great place ..... just to be there!

How about Alpine sitka blacktails ?
    Last edited by SWD; 08-19-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

At first light I try to sit on the east side of south facing alpine bowls in early September that way as the sun comes up your glassing with it at your back, as ACE says above don't polute the area your hunting and try to keep your movements to a minimum at first and last light, never skyline yourself and watch your thermals and all will be good.
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 08-19-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Did lots of Alpine muley hunting in my early hunting days.China Head Mtn/Nine Mile Ridge/Hogback Mtn/Yalakom Mtn and Relay Creek.Man that was some good times with lots of deer and lots of Adventures.

Great read. Thanks for all the help

Great advice. Thanks to all the people who contributed. Lots of gems in this thread.
    Last edited by Zkcm; 10-06-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
    Just read through this thread - great advice. My son and I are going on our first alpine backpacking hunt for his Sept 1st Youth hunt. He gets to use a rifle and I'll just be on bear watch. A gun shot is a dinner bell for grizz here. Further, any advice for being able to sleep well while in grizz country? I'm thinking the usual earplugs could prove to be a darwin move.
    Sleeping with my rifle or 12 gauge helps me sleep like a baby, no ear plugs. Also sleep with a knife that’s handing incase you have to make your own exit out the back of the tent
    Member of CCFR

Five rules for alpine mule deer
    #1 DON'T STOMP AROUND AND POLLUTE THE AREA ! Resist this at all costs.You don't jump in your favorite fishing hole and then try and fish
    #2 know the winds in the area during the day,night with clouds and with out.
    #3 camp as far away from the area you plan to hunt as you can walk in the dark to your spotting area and walk the same path .
    #4 Spot and pattern from far away ,use a spotting scope.
    #5 DON'T POLLUTE THE AREA YOU PLAN TO HUNT!