Thread: Where to go

Where to go

Hi There,

I am very interested in duck hunting this year. I have primarily hunted big game up to this point and would love to try my hand at duck hunting. I would love some input on where to start with area to go, shot size to use, anything would be helpful. I realize as with big game that giving away exact areas is a no no but just a general area to start would be great. By the way I'm located in the lower mainland.

cheers, Chris

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where to go

Quote Originally Posted by 109D elk View Post
    Hi There,

I am very interested in duck hunting this year. I have primarily hunted big game up to this point and would love to try my hand at duck hunting. I would love some input on where to start with area to go, shot size to use, anything would be helpful. I realize as with big game that giving away exact areas is a no no but just a general area to start would be great. By the way I'm located in the lower mainland.

cheers, Chris

An obvious would be the ladner marsh area, or google earth your location and pin point a water area and go scout it out and see if it fits the description of what you are looking for and if the road/dike rules apply. Check out foot travel and area of shooting and boom your in and taking the birds down.
    ~~Do As You Want Done To You~~

Re: Where to go

Ladner Marsh is a big marsh, you can have your own little area to start out. Please note the private islands and dike restrictions as mentioned above by NoLimit99. its tidal water, strong current on the outer parts of the marsh.
    If you are in Ladner, go to Stillwater Sports and talk to Brain. He is very helpful and his shop has been in Ladner since I was a kid growing up in there, so he is a good source for info. The locals loves going in to hangout and chat. I use 12g, 2-3/4" or 3" ...#2 or #3s for ducks. Cheers.
    Do Good ...and forget about it..