Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Africa

South Africa

I put a deposit down for a Safari in South Africa in 2012.

Chamanzi Zulu Safaris

www.chamanzi.com

I hunted there in 2009 and had a blast. They added another 30,000 acres since I was last there.

Anyone considering a safari should have a look at them

I'll be after another Kudu, Nyala and Bushbuck. As well I'll try for a Mountain Reedbuck, Steenbok and a Klipspringer.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

2. Site Sponsor

Re: South Africa

Nice looking website. Looks like you are going to have a blast. Be sure to report back with pictures and stories! How long are you going for and what time of year?
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by pg83 View Post
    Nice looking website. Looks like you are going to have a blast. Be sure to report back with pictures and stories! How long are you going for and what time of year?
    10 days. It's be the end of July Next Year.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

question,,,when you shoot your animal(s) are you allowed to bring home the meat or what happens to the meat?

The United States has a restriction on the importation of any meat product, by individuals, could be the same here in Canada. There is a considerable health and safety issue with any wild game. It is my understanding that the locals utilize the meat. When an elephant is shot the locals come from miles around to harvest the protein, nothing goes to waste.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

If 1/2 Pint err I mean 1/2 Slam was up yet he'd answer this question himself but in his absence...

The meat is cooled in a commercial cooler on the Chamanzi ranch with the workers and their families utilizing what they need and a butcher comes with his reefer once a week or as demanded and takes it to a local butcher shop where it is processed.

You can't bring it back to USA or Canada and actually sign a form indicating that you are not bringing any meat or animal products with you
    when you return.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

Quote Originally Posted by David Heitsman View Post
    If 1/2 Pint err I mean 1/2 Slam was up yet he'd answer this question himself but in his absence...

The meat is cooled in a commercial cooler on the Chamanzi ranch with the workers and their families utilizing what they need and a butcher comes with his reefer once a week or as demanded and takes it to a local butcher shop where it is processed.

You can't bring it back to USA or Canada and actually sign a form indicating that you are not bringing any meat or animal products with you
    when you return.
    What he said

I would love to experience Africa again. It was truly spectacular. I am tossing cape buffalo vs Marco polo + ibex in my head. What would you choose if they were the same price. Sorry for the high jack. You just me all pumped up again thinking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    I would love to experience Africa again. It was truly spectacular. I am tossing cape buffalo vs Marco polo + ibex in my head. What would you choose if they were the same price. Sorry for the high jack. You just me all pumped up again thinking about it.

Marco polo would be my choice for sure. Thats my 2cents
    ~~Do As You Want Done To You~~

Quote Originally Posted by NoLimit99 View Post
    Marco polo would be my choice for sure. Thats my 2cents

I agree would be mine also..