Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B.C. Slam?

Re: B.C. Slam?

Quote Originally Posted by David Heitsman View Post
    Maybe this is a topic the new and improved BC Safari Club chapter could look at?
    Is there really a BC chapter of Safari Club???

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    I go by SCI book. They encompass all kinds of animals which I think are important in a true slam. Wolverine, coyote, island and mainland black bear, how many different caribou species, bobcat, and lynx?
    SCI even has an invented species called shiras moose and they exist only south of HWY #1.

I wouldn't go by what they have, to be honest it's a bunch of bs.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Well I got to go by something. Not going to be easy but that is what I am trying for. Afterall how do you know what is the best kind of hunt if you haven't tried them all. Bighorn, wolverine, roosevelt will take some work though.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Well I got to go by something. Not going to be easy but that is what I am trying for. Afterall how do you know what is the best kind of hunt if you haven't tried them all. Bighorn, wolverine, roosevelt will take some work though.

B&C at least sticks to true sub-species.

Mandela

Since I live on the island I think I have figured out on how to get a LEH elk tag for here. Live as far away from as you can, govt. makes more money that way. LOL.

where the hell am i anyways this isnt where i left the truck

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    B&C at least sticks to true sub-species.

for once we agree on something, Safari Club just comes up with new species as a marketing scam, Shockey used his power to get the Island bears listed as a seperate species and now he gets 5 grand more than the guys on the mainland. GOABC is doing something similiar with their new record book ( which is a joke by the way, the outfitters do the measuring so that everybody makes it in the book and goes home happy)
    Many a child journeys this high to be different. To get from here what their natures couldn't get them below. lt comes to nothing. Can't cheat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got it own ways.

Who cares! That SCI seems like a bunch of guys with small mans syndrome. I bet they all drive huge trucks too. Just trying to compensate for having a small wang.

Angry Re: B.C. Slam?

Quote Originally Posted by yukon john View Post
    for once we agree on something, Safari Club just comes up with new species as a marketing scam, Shockey used his power to get the Island bears listed as a seperate species and now he gets 5 grand more than the guys on the mainland. GOABC is doing something similiar with their new record book ( which is a joke by the way, the outfitters do the measuring so that everybody makes it in the book and goes home happy)
    Somebody must have rung your bell.

GOABC was what got the Shiras designation extended south of HWY 1. That has been a pile of pressure from the outfitters just north of the HWY to be included in the shiras boundary. Wouldn't be surprised if SCI decides it's a good idea.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by kuiu View Post
    Who cares! That SCI seems like a bunch of guys with small mans syndrome. I bet they all drive huge trucks too. Just trying to compensate for having a small wang.
    The concept of keeping records has certainly been lost on most people.

Mandela

smoke-eater Guest

Does the SCI go by B&C fair chase? I don't see it listed on the web page. I'm guessing they don't, since they keep records on introduced North American animals that are kept in fenced inclosures.....

What is a texas dall sheep anyways. I didn't know greater kudu were north american.

I'm with kuiu on this one, anyone trying to do this SCI crap has a small wang!