Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big goose

Re: Big goose

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    Had a guy out in Unity Sask. one year tell us he got a 12lb. Speck????
    But then again he was the same guy who regularily said he got 4lb. Sharptails????-----Field Marshal. P.S. 23lbs???? Must have been a lead leg band???
    That thing is a pig though it is like the size of an eagle or swan I mean look at it

Quote Originally Posted by fowlweather View Post
    That thing is a pig though it is like the size of an eagle or swan I mean look at it
    A good sized swan is 16-20lbs.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

i am telling you man this thing was enourmous

According to wikkipedia " An exceptionally large male of the race B. c. maxima, the "giant Canada goose" (which rarely exceed 8 kilograms (18 lb)), weighed 10.9 kilograms (24 lb) and had a wingspan of 2.24 metres (7.3 ft). This specimen is the largest wild goose ever recorded of any species."

Big honking goose - pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    According to wikkipedia " An exceptionally large male of the race B. c. maxima, the "giant Canada goose" (which rarely exceed 8 kilograms (18 lb)), weighed 10.9 kilograms (24 lb) and had a wingspan of 2.24 metres (7.3 ft). This specimen is the largest wild goose ever recorded of any species."

Big honking goose - pun intended.
    i mean he could have lied a little bit but what he said was 23 lbs, and i mean the goose in the photo is a big azz goose

Quote Originally Posted by fowlweather View Post
    check out this one my dads bud shot while hunting in the states. 23lbs banded male from alberta

No..........

With honkers opening back up this weekend. ITs time to shoot some slobs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

yep tomorrow is the day its going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Im not shooting any goose under 20 lbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

It's tail appears to be close or even with the hunters knee and the end of the bill even with his nose, the body is close to same width as the hunters body, no doubt one hell of a big goose, but 23 lbs, maybe. Next goose I shoot I'll have to do some comparisons and see. Biggest one I've shot as 13 lbs and it was also the toughest son of ..... that I've ever tried to eat.