Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big goose

Re: Big goose

My biggest weighed on a cheapo spring type Fish scale was just a shade over 16lbs. It made the rest of the birds in the pile look like lessers. Not sure how tough he would have been because he met Mr. Sausage Grinder, but I do remember he was awfully hard to skin.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Yeep we only used to shoot greaters, and pass up the smaller geese as we figrued, since we could only shoot 5 each at the mind as well get all the meat we could get...... well we got a lot of meat that way..... a lot of ROCK SOLID meat! :s Now we just shoot everything that has a white cheek, haha.. save the tender ones for the dish and tough ones for the grinder.

Why are we responding to a post that was started in 2011, and depending on where he shot it here on the island if it really was last tuesday then he poached it..... since the areas with the most geese on the island just re-opened yesterday.
    My dinner ate my vegetables for me !

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Buster View Post
    Why are we responding to a post that was started in 2011, and depending on where he shot it here on the island if it really was last tuesday then he poached it..... since the areas with the most geese on the island just re-opened yesterday.
    I responded cuz LP1 reopened it, he probably isn't killing much if he's only taking 20+ lbers so he must have been bored. Like you said the post is from Mar 4 2011 so his "last" Tues. would be right in the middle of early Goose season.
    Just sayin' cuz I'm bored lol
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    I responded cuz LP1 reopened it, he probably isn't killing much if he's only taking 20+ lbers so he must have been bored. Like you said the post is from Mar 4 2011 so his "last" Tues. would be right in the middle of early Goose season.
    Just sayin' cuz I'm bored lol
    You are correct sir! Lol. Heading out after some beauty sprigs and lards in an untouched feild tomorrow with the 20 gauges. Should be fun
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 12-16-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Nice love the 20 for field ducks. I need to get serious about taking a nice bull sprig for the wall but they havent been very plentiful around here yet, the number of lards eases the plow somewhat tho lol
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 12-16-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"