Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big goose

Big goose

I was out this past Tuesday when I shot this big goose. It weighed 13.2 lbs on my digital scale. Our 49 lb Duck Toller Beau found it a bit too heavy to pick up. But he did enjoy running over to it and making sure it wouldn't get away! That's as big a one as I can remember shooting here on the Island.

Last edited by porcupine; 03-05-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling correction

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Big goose

For an island goose that thing is massive the biggest that ive even bothered to weight was just below 9.

check out this one my dads bud shot while hunting in the states. 23lbs banded male from alberta

F*****g huge! My dogs wouldn't lift that one up either!

Quote Originally Posted by fowlweather View Post
    check out this one my dads bud shot while hunting in the states. 23lbs banded male from alberta
    Must of been domestic geese, the others didnt even fly away!

Hunt to live-live to hunt!

had one here in the comox valley 15 lbs 4 geese nothing less than 14lbs last year awsome grumps

I'd love to see a 15 Lb Canada, I've weighed a pile of geese and the biggest one was 13Lb. 11oz. I know of a challenge in Washington State that will get you a dozen fullbody decoys for an honest 15lb Canada. It's been running for a few years now and as far as I know the decoys are still up for grabs. K

the refuge had a contest put on by Paul Sullivan where if you could shoot a 15lbs goose you could get a dozen of his dropzone decoys. The contest went on for quite a few years until last year when finally a guy shoot a 15lbs goose. the goose was less than 15lbs by the time it got to Paul so they had to weigh in after another week and see what the total lost of weight was and ended up being 15lbs. I even think that the contest started out at 18lbs and went down weight every year cause no one could shoot one that heavy. Your frying nuts if you think that goose is 23lbs.

I always wondered how big geese got. Biggest I've got was 13 on the nose

Had a guy out in Unity Sask. one year tell us he got a 12lb. Speck????
    But then again he was the same guy who regularily said he got 4lb. Sharptails????-----Field Marshal. P.S. 23lbs???? Must have been a lead leg band???