Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 60 or 70 lbs

Re: 60 or 70 lbs

After lots of reading on hbc and talking to different people, I just got my 60lbs PSE evo .

Well point bowwalker, Dro88 bow walker is my to go to guy when it comes to getting answers about bow problems. Not that i ask alot myself but i read and learn from him. Sorry Bow walker if your head hurts from swelling up. lol. But you did forget to point out the stress and strain of pulling a arrow out of foam targets. At 60 lbs sometimes it takes two guys to pull the arrow out. 70 lbs must be that much harder. One more point for Dro88 is a 60 lb bow shoots a arrow clean through any animal out there,so do`s 70lb you just have to walk further to find your arrow. Shoot longer and shoot better shoot a 60 lb.

Bow Walker Guest

Ahh, shucks...

I really get a kick out of helping. Passing on what little I know and maybe helping someone else with a bit of a problem is very gratifying. I remember what I felt like when I started out. Sooo many questions.

I think you guys are onto something here. Why pull a 70 pound bow if you don't need too I thin I'm gonna go half of that and use a 35 pound bow from now on, easier to pull, steadier aim, what's not to like?

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by troutseeker View Post
    I think you guys are onto something here. Why pull a 70 pound bow if you don't need too I thin I'm gonna go half of that and use a 35 pound bow from now on, easier to pull, steadier aim, what's not to like?
    The fact that you can't hunt with a 35 lb bow, for one thing.

that 40 pound pull rule is pretty archiac when it comes to compound bows with todays cam technology ... but its easy to enforce in the feild without too much math and instruments as opposed to figuring out KE with a grain scale and chrony
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask