Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: grizz double header

grizz double header

Both my wife and I recieved draws for grizz this year .Mine in 7-2 Which I have been to a few times but years ago ,and my wife's draw is 4-18 which was her second choice and we know nothing about .Any info on these areas would greatly be appreciated . I got a nice one last year in 7-28 so if you got that draw ,I have some info for you

2. Site Sponsor

Re: grizz double header

You sure arent being very sensitive to us less fortunate
    Two draws in a row ? Good luck.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

4-18 is very rugged and steep, I hope you are experienced mountain hunters. After some tough days don't forget to go for a soak in Ainsworth hotsprings.

Nice bear you got in 7-28, my old stomping grounds.

mines in 7-2 also . i have some conflicting info and gps cooordanants so i am a bit ??

what can you tell me about the access, snow conditions ,etc on 7-2 closer to the mica end on the east and west side
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Sorry BlacktaitStalker there were many many years of nil so I will take them if I can

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    mines in 7-2 also . i have some conflicting info and gps cooordanants so i am a bit ??

what can you tell me about the access, snow conditions ,etc on 7-2 closer to the mica end on the east and west side
    Nothing conflicting about the information I gave you via PM unless its your other source

From Mica its 25 km by boat just to the 7-02 boundary. Not sure why you would want to do that though when there aren't any slides to hunt off the lake like there is at the southern end of that lake in region 4.

Your best bet is to drive up to Valemount with quads / snowshoes and access 7-02 and hunt the drainages off the east side of the lake. The lower road along the lake will be clear and access will typically be good all the way to Hugh Allen but then you'll want the quad ... followed by snowshoe / foot to access the slides off the side drainages. If you go later, the snow will be clear and you can drive most roads except for ones deactivated where a quad is better.

IMO - wasting your time with the boat for 7-02
    Last edited by BCrams; 03-01-2011 at 01:24 PM.

The original person i got the information seems somewhat confused i think , Thanks for the info what about snow mobile?
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
    Both my wife and I recieved draws for grizz this year .Mine in 7-2 Which I have been to a few times but years ago ,and my wife's draw is 4-18 which was her second choice and we know nothing about .Any info on these areas would greatly be appreciated . I got a nice one last year in 7-28 so if you got that draw ,I have some info for you
    I'd recognise that bald head anywhere !!!
    even in a picture that small !!!
    meet ya at the local saloon in Revelstoke for a double shot of jack in the dustiest bar glass the ye old bartender can find !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    Thanks for the info what about snow mobile?
    No-no in 7-2

"

Snowmobiles for Hunting Closed

Areas:

The operation of snowmobiles

for the purpose of hunting, to transport

wildlife, to transport firearms or equipment

and supplies which are intended
    for or in support of hunting, or to transport
    hunters to and from the location
    of wildlife is prohibited in these areas.

MUs 7-2 to 7-18, 7-23 to 7-30
    7-37 to 7-39
    from Mar. 31 to Nov. 30.

SSS
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 03-01-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

one less thing to worry about