Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: grizz double header

Re: grizz double header

I had a draw in 7-2 last year. We went to the east side of the lake, and saw very little fo bears, but a lot of sign. May 20th or so, was way too early, and there was a lot more snow this year. If you camp on the east side spend time glassing the west side while you eat your lunch.....lots of bears coming out in the afternoons. I would agree that Quads and snowshoes are in order.

I have been lucky enough to be drawn in 7-27, which was not any choice that I made for myself.....?? But I will hunt it any way. Does anyone have any advice on that area? I used to work around middle river, but did not spend a lot of time there in the spring.
    "The worst day hunting is still among the best days spent on earth."

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWeatherby View Post
    I had a draw in 7-2 last year. We went to the east side of the lake, and saw very little fo bears, but a lot of sign. May 20th or so, was way too early, and there was a lot more snow this year. If you camp on the east side spend time glassing the west side while you eat your lunch.....lots of bears coming out in the afternoons. I would agree that Quads and snowshoes are in order.
    The bears are out in April there every year, snow or not. The latest we ever hunted g bears in that country is May long.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

any more info on 7-2 and 7-18 would be great and if you need any on 7-28 I could help

Sure alot of leh given for 7.02 in the last few years.
    You might have to make 2 trips up there. First one in late april, early may after some of the south slopes have opened up along the lake and then if you didnt get a grizz go up agian just after the may long to hunt the side draws and valleys up from the lake. Some areas are grown in thick and green and others will still be full out winter. Grizzlies are very familiar with the sound of a quad so you should park it and snowshoe up the last few k's. Take 2 quads one with tires and one with tracks. Take waiders. Shoot every wolf you see. Do the moose a favour and take a few black bears too. Good luck.