Thread: Homemade treestands

Homemade treestands

Anyione out there have any advice or pics of homemade stands portable or permanent? I was thinking about throwing up a few this summer in some spots I think about on a daily basis

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Homemade treestands

I made my own portable 25 yrs ago, made 4x4 steps with rope to ge with it, it worked ok but not as light or pretty as the store boughts, got some pictures buried somewhere but they are not digital. I now have a store bought
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

I came across one up in Prince george this year. It was set up in a forked tree with one side of the fork cut off about two feet up from the split to be used as a seat and it had a railing made out of 2x4 around it. It had 2x4 nialed into the tree for a ladder.

Funny thing was is it still had half a six pack of Bud Light up there as well as a healthy stash of mars bars.

just be really careful, lots of guys get hurt on the home made stuff. happy hunting..
    "You Fat Man, Speak Up"

Quote Originally Posted by urbanhermit View Post
    just be really careful, lots of guys get hurt on the home made stuff. happy hunting..
    Good advice right there. Google home made tree stands.....a few idea's out there for sure.

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Just make sure that you build it strong enough to handle the locals

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post

Goatguy, that looks a little too comfo..r..t a.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz
    "You Fat Man, Speak Up"

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks&Ducks View Post
    I came across one up in Prince george this year. It was set up in a forked tree with one side of the fork cut off about two feet up from the split to be used as a seat and it had a railing made out of 2x4 around it. It had 2x4 nialed into the tree for a ladder.

Funny thing was is it still had half a six pack of Bud Light up there as well as a healthy stash of mars bars.
    I guess grizz got the main course, but forgot the wobbilies and the snacks to go with it.

i've seen numerous home made deer/moose/bear "tree houses", enough room for two hunters comfortably. full 360 degree shooting range. around 30 feet up and built in 3 to 4 trees.( triangle or square floor) nice jobs done. if you are building your own tree stand, don't forget a seatbelt.