Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hunting in Okanagan

Re: Hunting in Okanagan

Keremeos MU 8-02 reached from Oliver-Cawston backroad.
    Twin Lake road from Hwy 3A and a road 2 km west of Yellow Lake ( Green Lake road) which leaves Hwy 3A opposite the Apex Alpine ski road.
    The latter runs north of 3, through the corner of 8-02, joining the Penticton-Apex road in MU 8-07, listen up, Good mule deer on high ground away from roads with good blue grouse. What more do you want?
    JP .. MU 8-02

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Keremeos MU 8-02 reached from Oliver-Cawston backroad.
    Twin Lake road from Hwy 3A and a road 2 km west of Yellow Lake ( Green Lake road) which leaves Hwy 3A opposite the Apex Alpine ski road.
    The latter runs north of 3, through the corner of 8-02, joining the Penticton-Apex road in MU 8-07, listen up, Good mule deer on high ground away from roads with good blue grouse. What more do you want?
    JP .. MU 8-02

I think that is the first time I understood what Jelvis the Elvis wrought.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Groves View Post
    Alright guys,

.270 WSM or .270 Win or 30-06?
    I'd go with the ought six. It's super versatile because of the range of loads that are available. Also, if you're new to shooting you may not need the flat trajectory that people like about the .270, especially if you're going to limit yourself to 300 yards or so.

I own both and prefer the ought six.

Get a 7mm mag this caliber is a good all around rifle to use...
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

MU 8-14
    Boundary Creek
    The Boundary Creek road turns north from Hwy 3 just east of the CPR overpass east of Greenwood.
    Off this logging main the Jewel Creek road turns right a short distance in.
    Just before Jewel Lake, another right turn runs parallel to Hwy 3 but well above the valley. You want good whitetail this road is good for whites.
    This road drops back down to Hwy 3 at Eholt Station.
    or hunt along the old Brown Creek road for a whitetail.
    GOOD, mule and whitetail hunting along the height-of-land between Boundary Creek and main Kettle River. There are several access roads.
    The Roderick-Dhu-Jewel Lake area has good mule deer hunting.
    Good whitetail also along the Christian Valley road if you hoof it off back from the road. Some access issues with farmers work it out.
    Also good hunting access along the east side of the Kettle, reach it by crossing Five Creek or Lost Horse creek bridges.
    More access from Christian Valley go up into the Lassie lake-Trapping Creek country for good mule deer and fair whitetails.
    The maze of roads up there drop down between Kelowna and Carmi, providing access to virtually all the area.
    Check out the elk season each year for changes in GOS or LEH and apply if applicable that season.
    Jelly -- MU 8-14 .. Boundary Creek ..Muley, whites and elk.

Quote Originally Posted by nickroth89 View Post
    Buddy I was at the Corral for the first time in 2 months last night and I can't believe I left it so long between visits. If you can't pull one outta that place you gotta be ghey.
    hahahahah ohhh i know but more then half are not so good and that keg doesnt last long enough for those girls!

Quote Originally Posted by snareman1234 View Post
    Lol I hear he's more of a Gotchas/Saphire dude, gettin'r done right on the dance floor ha
    hahaha either or ...either or

The MU 8-06 north east of Princeton. Hwy 5 is the western boundary of 8-06 to a point just north of Allison Lake. You can enter 8-6 from Hwy 5 on several logging roads which head up into the mu.
    You can be in the central part by going on the Summers Creek road or come in from Missezula Lake road which turns east from the highway, 40 km from Princeton.
    The Princeton-Summerland backroad runs just inside 8-6 to Osprey Lake. Hey fair mule deer country along the open ridges, best later in the season.
    Occasional moose and some whitetail. Heavily hunted but could be fun get on a big track in fresh snow, step by step, track after track, until I see something it's a holy crap it's a ah BAM!
    JP .. MU 8-06 north-east of Princeton .. Closer to the lower mainland for a shorter drive, STOP for cafe Princeton
    We'll get there fast then we'll take it slow.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-08-2011 at 10:42 PM.

What? You thought MU 8-07 Similkameen .. sourmilk I mean .. lol ..
    I love the Similkameen River it's past famous it's almost forgotten ....
    Like Johnny Rotten .. lol .. Better to burn out then to fade away ........
    .. Is MU 8-07 chopped liver? Hah ? Well I'm waiting?
    It borders the south edge dood of 8-07 from a few k east of the little shanty town of Princeton( a nice place), right to Keremeos.
    Game? ---> Rocky Mountain Billy Goats -- fair mule deers -- odd moose and whitetail < --- Big Game --->
    .. That's not all, there's more way hey hay more .. even more than that .. how about? Pin-Point! SPOTS
    See the white goats for yourself from Hwy 3 between Hedley and Keremeos you need eyes not genius
    From Hedley-Apex road are you completely insane or is this topography nice terrain, check my brain
    It goes past Nickel Plate Lake do you want your Nickel back? lol .. Hedley is Deadly .. I want my HBC
    You want me to take you by the wrist and guide you along step by tiny baby step? Of course not so then use map .. MU boundary .. Management Unit .. north river .. south river .. east west road etc.
    It's Region 8 it's all great hunting. Arguably the best region for the deer hunters to hunt .. some elk2lol.
    Try out your hot four by on this road, it can get contankerous put yah over the bankerous ..
    Guess where this leads us? Along the Ski - Hill slopes lol, you owe me just show me you want 2
    Crosses the slopes of the Apex Alpine Ski Place.
    Hence and thence the good early season mule deer experience, are you experienced?
    Jimmy Hend licks .. Purple Haze .. Deer Graze so do elk .. moose browse in the fall .. swim in summer
    Good mule deer buck hunting early up high in the high country. Wow! Holy crap look at tha ... BOOM!
    When the spring is long and warm and dry the the the Balooooooose.
    Blue grouse that you will think when first seen, it's a young ButterBall Turkay with feathers ..
    Good brood means fill the freezer with daily bag limit. POW! Drumsticks Meaty a real treaty
    If your still mixed up and confused on MU 8-07 it's the northwest end that's doing it, your confounded, ok.
    Secret hint number 102 .. how to get to north west corner of MU 8-07? dah proper way duh
    Answer: The northwest corner of MU 8-07 can be reached, touched, from --> if yah got half a brain
    ..............................Princeton-Summerland back road .. (Use your rec map)
    What you don't know where it is? Then do it b4 leh is over Rover ......... take me out on a .... s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-r
    .. I'm outta here good luck in all your planning, leh, and finding honest life long hunting partners ..
    Jelly's left the building folks, thanks for coming out ladies and gentlemen, Jelvis has left the building
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-08-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Go for the 06 you can buy amo anywhere 150s for deer 180s for moose .Best all around cal. in my opinion ,wish I had never sold mine. What ever you get shoot lots and you will have quick kills and no lost meat. Good luck