Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting in Okanagan

Re: Hunting in Okanagan

Ever thought of picking up a bow?

If you want to hunt in a place with moderate pressure but has fair mule deer hunting you could try southeast of Princeton in MU 8-04
    Reached from Copper Mountain road from Princeton.
    Or take logging mains (fsr's) several of them running south from Hwy 3 between Princeton and Hedley.
    MU 8-04 .. Fair mule deer .. nice country .. moderate pressure from those other hunters on your mountain lol
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-04-2011 at 11:10 PM.

I have been toying with picking up the X-Bolt in 280

My top picks would include MU 8-05 West of the Princetown lol ton.
    You can get into 8-05 up the Coquihalla turn on 250 Exit Larsons Hill and go.
    Or up the Otter Creek road from Princeton.
    a good mule deer population, some whitetail and some elk.
    Even tho this place gets it share of eager hunters you can still nail a mule deer if you hunt along road hunting or by hiking beyond some of the blocked roads by the Forestry. Go for a hike a ways ..if you like walking.
    Good success ratio on this MU 8-05
    Take your fishing rod and a shootgun .. ducks deer and trout ..
    Jel .. good mu 8-5

Quote Originally Posted by nickroth89 View Post
    Buddy I was at the Corral for the first time in 2 months last night and I can't believe I left it so long between visits. If you can't pull one outta that place you gotta be ghey.
    Gentlemen, i frequent both establishments no chirpin now! theyre both great places!!!! haha and yes if you cant pull from the Corrral, we have an issue!

Yeah, cause dealing with a bunch of wanna be cowboys, wearing cowboy hats, Affliction shirts, faded designer jeans and skate shoes on the dance floor fist pumping to a Toby Keith song is something i look forward to seeing when i go to a bar. *rolls eyes* That place peaked about 10 years ago. but, i suppose all the cidiots that go there, go there because of the plethora of women dressed up like a bad Leeane Rhymes video. I specifically love it when the overweight, muffin tops wearing skirts go ride the bull. *barfs*

Me thinks this is going the wrong way, maybe you should start your own bar thread

Or a cougar hunting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nickroth89 View Post
    Ya Nolan will take ya out if you can get him away from Level and Flashbacks on the weekends haha!
    Lol I hear he's more of a Gotchas/Saphire dude, gettin'r done right on the dance floor ha

Ok K boyz and goilz I got a hunt for you in region 8 that will blow you away, hey, jel here, who else lol, I want you to hunt here take photo's here, shoot a nice buck here and put em on here.
    A place to start hunting and a place to keep going.
    MU 8-13 to the top, it's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll at the Summit of the Monashee.
    Hwy 5 is joined by the Christian Valley road from Westbridge on Hwy 33, in MU 8-14, about one third of the way in from the west.
    There is good whitetail and mule deer hunting to be found by simply hiking back a bit from Hwy 6 near the summit.
    ALSO, several roads that you can drive in off the Hwy 6 leading up to alpine country and some of the best mule deer hunting in the world in our B.C. Region 8 back yard.
    Take advantage of your hunting opportunity in thissy here .... Hunt$ of the Mona$hee $ummit ..
    Then put up a post here on this thread, Hunting in Okanagan ..
    Jel .. Do it for Looky .. he requested a few new photo's of his old spots .. looky's still with us .. says Hi
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-05-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Wink Re: Hunting in Okanagan

Quote Originally Posted by knockturnal View Post
    Ever thought of picking up a bow?
    Yeah I have actually. I will wait till the money isnt tight, probably around fall when I am done competiting and finally back in canada is when i will pick on up.

Im lucky I am getting a Rifle this year.
    Its not all about the kill, The real joy and pleasure is in the hunt.