Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Sheep Plans

2011 Sheep Plans

I will talk everyday to anyone who will listen to my plan, and in turn I will listen to theirs.
    I have a 'no name' lake picked out North of Tuya (Dease Lk), same kind of mountains as Tuya, for the middle of Sept. The lake is 4500 ft. so no timber which is fine, but it would be nice to have a fire when I return back to camp, but not this year. There are some rough areas according to my maps that look as if they might hold rams...but maybe only goats.
    I love hunting caribou, hence the timing, so I am going to look over some bulls and maybe find a bruiser, that will work for me too. Probably a good idea to get a goat tag too...my partner killed a Booner last year while I had no tag. Good fun just the same.
    It's exciting to look over a new basin that you just spent the last three hours climbing into and maybe make some soup and spend the afternoon. I will always try to camp in a good spot that offers a good panorama, so I'm still hunting, while I'm waiting for water to boil or my coffee to cool. They are usually crap places to sleep, but I can glass till dark and first thing in the morning.
    I have a new partner this year...ya, ya, I know what you're thinking...but I have worked and hunted with him in the past and he pulls his weight; so I hope it works out, I would like to see him kill a caribou at least.
    Anyone have 'the best laid plans' they wan to share?
    Built for shale not trail.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2011 Sheep Plans

Trip to region 6 just the same....... good country and better company. 4 of us are going to have a blast. Same time as you! Targetting the curled horn species, but wont over look to many caribou and goats.......maybe even throw in a couple predators too hopefully. Just look to have a good time in the mountains and capture some memories on footage!

Good luck to all the others!

August Stone sheep hunt for me. So far by myself, as usual. It will be my first sheep hunt and I am pretty stoked!

Going to the Kamloops wild sheep banquet in a week and am looking forward to meeting all sorts of sheep hunters.

where the hell am i anyways this isnt where i left the truck

Last edited by yukon john; 03-12-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    Many a child journeys this high to be different. To get from here what their natures couldn't get them below. lt comes to nothing. Can't cheat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got it own ways.

I'm just gonna drive around until a full curl ram runs across the road, then I'll plunk 'im.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I'll be driving thru the Alaska highway on the my way home from the NWT in third week of September. If we can't find an old ram on the shoulder of the highway, I guess we'll get out of the truck and hike into a drainage or two That's about as far as I've planned it out at this point.

No idea but I plan on going regardless.
    Good luck shadetree, sounds like a good time.
    With new country comes the unknown and thats what its all about.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

My buddy and i drew tags for Spatsizi so gathering the gear and researching the terrain and bothering a few members for info.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Be up north for opening of the season , doing some scouting in june for a few days. Hike in some sort of gear make the main pack a lot easier.
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Goat and sheep in Aug for 10 dayz. Cant come soon enough! Will be first fly in hunt..