Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talkin' Turkey Twice - Okanagan Turkey Calling Clinic

Talkin' Turkey Twice - Okanagan Turkey Calling Clinic

Just a friendly note to let everyone know that we will be hosting a Turkey calling clinic in Kelowna on Saturday, March 19th.

Details can be found on the website here.

The event will be feature local professional hunter, writer, and outdoor expert Othmar Vohringer in a morning seminar and Q&A session followed by two in-depth field sessions where Othmar will take you all the way from basic turkey hunting techniques to the advanced strategies that will put the odds in your favour on the biggest, baddest Toms. In order to ensure a quality experience, space is limited for the two field sessions.

Please feel free to email info@grouseriver.com or call 1-877-547-6873 should you have any questions or to purchase tickets. Tickets may also be purchased directly from the website by clicking the link above. We look forward to seeing you there!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Talkin' Turkey Twice - Okanagan Turkey Calling Clinic

I just saw this on your www.
    I think I am going to sign up for the "all day" course.
    Only a month and a half till opening day.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

I am looking forward to do this and meet with many avid turkey hunters of all skill levels. This will be a fun filled day. Don't forget to bring your own friction calls too as there will be short one-to-one calling lessons, I even will tune the calls for you for that perfect pitch gobblers love to hear.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

do you cover the hoot owl locators calls as well, tough to get those sounding right.
    "You Fat Man, Speak Up"

Damn I'd be there if I didn't have to be in Calgary. Might have to hook up with someone after to see how it was.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanhermit View Post
    do you cover the hoot owl locators calls as well, tough to get those sounding right.
    Here in BC I only cover the crow call. The reason for that is that we do not have many owls and besides that, owls are mainly active at night. Crows on the other hand are everywhere and active very early in the morning and throughout the day. The idea with locator calls is to use a sound that turkeys are familiar with. Although a tom will answer to any sudden loud noise (shock gobble) even a car horn, some less familiar sounds will also put them on alert, such as coyote howls, eagle/hawk scream, owl or a peacock where there are none.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Just finished the BC Hunting Show seminars, a huge success according to the feedback the organizers received, and now look forward to the seminar/s on March 19 at Grouse River Outfitters. I should have my voice back by then.

I've just been informed that there are still a few places to fill for our seminar.

Sign up here. I promise you this will be the best turkey hunting seminar you've ever attended. It is most certainly the most comprehensive I have ever had the pleasure of attending as an instructor. On this seminar you will learn in a day what otherwise would takes years to achieve.

I went down to Grouse River and signed up today.
    See you in a week.
    Gobble-cluck-purr
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter View Post
    Here in BC I only cover the crow call. The reason for that is that we do not have many owls and besides that, owls are mainly active at night. Crows on the other hand are everywhere and active very early in the morning and throughout the day. The idea with locator calls is to use a sound that turkeys are familiar with. Although a tom will answer to any sudden loud noise (shock gobble) even a car horn, some less familiar sounds will also put them on alert, such as coyote howls, eagle/hawk scream, owl or a peacock where there are none.
    I was out hunting turks once, hen clucking often.....then my cell phone rang, and 2 jakes went nuts, killed 1 within minutes!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!