Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Alex Mota (sp?)---Kluchesi---

Re: Alex Mota (sp?)---Kluchesi---

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Greg your reading my MINE again ! lol RJ
    Jim, are you losing your MINE...?.......

1899 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dracb View Post
    Absolutely none what so ever. Since you know my name you should know enough about me to be aware that much of my life is spent protecting wildlife and the environment and mentoring new hunters and trappers. I have no patience whatsoever with blatant violators of game laws, but once the violator has paid for the crime what is the benefit to him or society of ongoing wanton persecution. My arguments are not so much in support of him as to try to make people think a bit about what they are saying. He is being persecuted here by people citing his transgressions from more or less 25 years ago. Not only do a number on here state they want him killed or wish him a painful death but they are willing to spread their dislike for him to anyone that knows him or allows him in their store.

I took the time to read all 20 previous pages of this thread to see where there was evidence he is continuing his anti social transgressions. Bugger all proof only innuendo. Numerous comments implying he is must be guilty just because the CO's check out hunters coming and going from an operation he may or may not own. But then that is their job with regards to any transporter or guide so it is not proof of any wrong doing.

Sure the CO's will watch someone with his record more than the average Joe but it is insulting to them to imply that after 25 years of search they have not found something to charge him with IF HE IS GUILTY.

During his first trials he claimed not to speak or read much English and had not read or been read to the hunting regulations. He also claimed that he had purchased some of the trophies that he was charged with. Granted if he was found guilty in error of hunting them their possession without the enabling permits constituted another charge. He was then a man from a different time and different place who brought with him an ethos from then and there that obviously was not a good fit with that of his new home. Poaching in parts of Europe was not readily available available to people without money unless they poached. I suspect the game laws of the Portuguese colonies were applied largely to trophy hunters from abroad during the years when he fought there for Portugal. He stated he learned from the various Canadian prosecutions. Unfortunately the prosecutions all took place in a short period of time following a number of years of what we call poaching and what he probably called hunting.

Given the reasonable expectation that LEO's have reportedly tried their damnedest (without success) to catch him in violation for 25 years perhaps just perhaps he is a man that is driven by a desire to hunt that is the equivalent of the most driven hunters on this site. Perhaps he started here without any knowledge of of the North American hunting ethos and got in trouble applying the standards from where he came. Maybe he did learn from each prosecution as he stated at trial and just maybe he has been clean for 25 years. I do not know but then neither does anyone else on here. He did not get a lifetime hunting ban as has been stated here. He got a 25 year ban that expires in 2019. He did state in his appeal that he had paid large fines and spent time in jail and thought a 25 year ban was not fair as it amounted to a lifetime ban.
    The consequences were far too lenient, and you make too many explanations/excuses. Many, many people are guilty of crimes and are never charged. I once took an interesting psychology course taught by a psychologist who also happened to do parole eligibility/fitness for release. He said that virtually none of the serious, serial offenders will change - "the best predictors of future behavior is past behavior".

I don't believe in the magical turnaround.

Plus, from what I have read, he had a 30 year ban and that would run out in 2019.

http://www.eab.gov.bc.ca/wildlife/91_24.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Greg your reading my MINE again ! lol RJ
    Hi Jim !

Just started reading this thread have met Alex, last time i had run into moda was 3 yrs ago when he was heading into his sheep area. He went in with horses solo and after 5 days turned around and came back out never made it to his sheep camp the terrain and horse trail was in bad shape the guy is in his 80s. I wont comment on his illegal activity but what i can say he was one of the toughest bush guys ive run across in the mountains. First ran into him maybe 30 something years ago when he was working with Walter kaiser. i met him when I was on my way out of the mountains with my horses and ran into a guy sleeping under a plastic tarp no sleeping bag he was leading a pack of 6 horses. i had been in for 18 days on a solo sheep hunt so was nice to see someone else. we chatted for a few minutes i asked him how long he had been in... this was the second week in October shit load of snow and a lot of wind blowdown to go across to get out with 2 more days till the highway, he said June. The guy had been in the mountains from June to October with basically nothing but minimal supplies. he had an old coffee can with a wire handle that he cooked his meat in and hard tack for food lol dressed in wool pants and mackinaw. never used a tent. To be clear im not a fan of Alex whatsoever and never agreed with what he did but i can say not to many guys would of been able to keep up with him.
    we chatted for several minutes then parted ways. Over the years ive seen him several times in the mountains and occasionally at Italian sporting goods. regardless of his transgressions the guy was a skillful hardcore bushman who very few could match.
    Last edited by stoneramhunter; 04-13-2024 at 02:41 PM.

Thumbs down Re: Alex Mota (sp?)---Kluchesi---

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    regardless of his transgressions the guy was a skillful hardcore bushman who very few could match.
    Given what I have seen you post here, I am not at all surprised to find you supporting a well known POACHER!

Carry on TROLL...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Given what I have seen you post here, I am not at all surprised to find you supporting a well known POACHER!

Carry on TROLL...
    you know what go phuck yourself i never said i supported him read the post again. now your just being an asshole and ignorant

Arrow Re: Alex Mota (sp?)---Kluchesi---

you know what go phuck yourself i never said i supported him read the post again. now your just being an asshole and ignorant
    Have a good long look in the mirror Idjut.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Have a good long look in the mirror Idjut.
    yeah figured as much. obviously ya never read it. Youre dismissed

I never said I supported him, read the post again. Now you're just being an asshole and ignorant.

​Was/is Mota an athiest?

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post

​Was/is Mota an athiest?
    Wouldn't know. have no idea