Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Mota (sp?)---Kluchesi---

Alex Mota (sp?)---Kluchesi---

Anybody heard of this guy? Just wondering what the big deal is about this guy.
    High.....Wild......Free

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Alex Mota (sp?)---Kluchesi---

He now,s his stuff that,s all i,ll say.

Quote Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
    He now,s his stuff that,s all i,ll say.
    Wow, that took a while to figure out.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Can you provide more details as far as where etc..I think I know what you are eluding to but do not want to go down that road, without knowing what you are getting at....

PM me if you wish to remain confidential...
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Devilbear Guest

Is this person a relation of the notorious Idalicio Mota, the immigrant "packer" who was convicted of many wildlife offences here in BC and in Alberta, during the '80s and '90s? I had discussions with some BC COs and some Alberta COs about this guy when I was working for Alberta Environment at that time, he killed a whack of game illegally and somehow avoided gaol time and/or deportation....which, is what SHOULD have happened.

At one point, Idalicio's child was taken very ill and Barry Thompkins flew the child out to medical help, although Mota was "packing" in Thompkin's GO area and his guides were NOT friends with Mota. I thought that this was a pretty decent thing to do given the circumstances.......

I have wondered what happened to Mota and if this IS a relative, well, I would be dammed cautious in any dealing with him.

This is infact the same guy. I heard he is illegally packing too.
    High.....Wild......Free

Alex is also a war veteran from the Portuguese Angola war with a reputation both in Angola and Canada.

He could make millions is he wrote a book about is exploits in both countries.

When we flew in with Barry Thompkins last fall year the CO's made a stop at our camp with the chopper. They were on their way to Mota's camp to see if they could catch him red-handed. They stopped by on their way back, and asked several guides to confirm age on the sheep they confiscated, 3 of which were under-age. Mota dissapeared before the chopper landed, leaving his "clients" high and dry. Clients were evicted from the park and charged with appropriate hunting infractions.

Other CO's in Ft, Nelson we have talked to have confirmed his illegal activities have been going on for years. They can't catch him in the act though, because he'll just take off into the bush. Clients that go with him pay cash up front, and are lucky if he even stays in camp with them. He isn't licensed in any way whatsoever.

Unsubstantiated rumors (heard from multiple sources) also have it that a certain sporting goods shop in the Lower Mainland books his clients. Needless to say they won't be getting my business. This guys shoots the crap out of the country up there and does it off of the backs of the guys trying to do it the honest way.

I used to work in one of Tompkins camps. There were lots of bad things said about Moda.

Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    I used to work in one of Tompkins camps. There were lots of bad things said about Moda.

I can second that!!!

Heard of him getting pissed at CO's and shooting at choppers, and killing shooting a bunch of sheep.... either way bad news