Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Alex Mota (sp?)---Kluchesi---

Arrow Re: Alex Mota (sp?)---Kluchesi---

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    you know what go phuck yourself i never said i supported him read the post again. now your just being an asshole and ignorant
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Alex Mota (sp?)---Kluchesi---

Quote Originally Posted by Devilbear View Post
    I was told that Mota was a veteran of the Vietnam War, which would make him about my age and, frankly, I seriously doubt that his "bush skills" are anything special. While he may be some hot shit as far as shooting unarmed denizens of a "Third World" nation is concerned, I doubt that he will WANT to tangle with a group of trained BC COs.

Dale Copeland, a former outfitter and one of Thompkin's "head guides" had a confrontation with Mota on a packtrail some years ago and Mota backed down from Copeland. Dale is not a large man and he is, without question, among the best bushmen I have seen in almost sixty years of activities in the BC bush, I doubt that Mota could carry Copeland's jock strap as a real mountain man or best many guys I know in "guerrila" combat.

I supervised several Vietnam combat vets, including a couple of "Green Beanies" in wildfire suppression and I was not overly impressed by their bush abilities; I was VERY impressed by Dale Copeland's skills and I am not exactly a novice. Dale's wife told me of this encounter and of Thompkin's flying Mota's kid out....says a lot for Barry, IMHO.

I rather doubt the comment about the gun store booking for Mota; one of the owners is a friend of his and they have defended him in conversation with me back in the '90s; however, I do not think that they would risk their business by such behaviour and I have known them and dealt with them for almost 30 years.

I might be wrong, but, I suspect that Mota's clientele comes by "word of mouth" just like that other immigrant poacher from the '80s, "Martin" who operated in the same region. He WAS finally forced out of "business", however, I encountered him while in the camp of another packer in that area in 1991; none of these guys impress me very much and the situation needed and still needs regulation.

Mota, seems to be able to "skate" on various charges and decent hunters should pressure Victoria to get this guy deported as immigrants like him do not belong in Canada.
    Hmmmm stories are note quite correct. firstly alex is a small sinewy guy and barrys guides gave him a wide berth not for the physical altercations but what alex could do in the unexpected. Alex was never in Viet Nam . BArry never flew alex kid out so thats wrong. Alex kid was gravely ill back in vancouver barry dropped a note by plane at alex sheep camp, Alex rode into barrys camp at big nine and barry put up his horses and flew alex out. Barry put aside what was going on thats a stand up guy
    Last edited by stoneramhunter; 04-19-2024 at 06:40 PM.