Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crown Land Identification

Crown Land Identification

Hello,

This is probably a total newbie question but I was wondering how you go about identifying crown land?

I am wondering if there is a easier way than piecing stuff together from forestry maps, and google.

For example I am looking at hunting on Gambier Island for Mule Deer and there is a lot of development on the island but I know there is a lot of CL available to hunt on.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tyler

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Crown Land Identification

Try Imap and look for the private land layers and turn them on and the rest is cl.

If you have google earth, you can download GeoBC from the government website.

Then once on google earth, surf through the many different layers, and choose private land, and it will cover the private areas in purple.

Theoretically it should be identified in some way, like signage or fencing or landscaping. Don't break anything or cause any trouble; you should be alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Go talk to your local government or regional district. The have maps that can show you municipal boundaries, or private/crown lands within the disrict.

There are a few sneaky right of ways for crown land access that you wouldn't know were there unless you look at these maps. Many of them are in place to ensure a wildlife corridoor where there are large sections of private land that discourage natural movement and migration.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

I use Parcel Maps BC to look up plots of private land.

https://parcelmapbc.ltsa.ca/pmsspub/

OnX Maps has paid version that outlines private land.

I use the iHunter app with the premium layers subscription. It shows most all crown, private, leased, licensed, reserve, etc lands. Totally worth it. I also use TopNotchtNavigator to get around the back roads and find new places. Happy hunting!

I was using parcel map as well but just downloaded iHunter with the premium layers.
    wow so much information and can be cached for offline use. So worth the money.

As a newbie myself, I found iHunter to be worth the money (ridiculously cheap anyways). As mentioned, you can download information as well but I’ve found if I have the app open prior to losing service it still works fairly well.

You can cashe IHunter maps so you don't lose service.