Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Fires in Region 7b

Re: Big Fires in Region 7b

I don't want to throw a wet blanket on everybodies plans but unless there is a HUGE amount of rain up here the government will shut the bush down !! Right now all around Quesnel and all areas south of Prince are on fire and if it doesn't get wet they won't let us in. To whoever said it is a long way off to hunting season I would remind them it is about 8 weeks til bow season and according to the long range forecast it is supposed to be above average temps during this period.
    PRAY FOR RAIN !!!! Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

There is some bad fires south-west and south of here. I also just talked to a friend in Fort St. James. She lives on the north side of the lake and said that there are huge flames looking south towards Vanderhoof on top of a big ridge....................scary!

PGKris Guest

Ya no kiddin oldtimer. She's bad round here right now. We need the wet stuff.
    Bwhnter: We saw some big tracks out near the 7-45 boundary south of Pink Mountain near the Halfway River. Didn't measure but the hind foot looked to be about 9-10" We didn't stick around

PGKris,
    7-45 is actually on the East side of the Alaska Highway. The boundaries are the Beatton River to the South and East and the Sikanni River to the North. It is not typical grizz country because you have to hunt the pipe lines and siesmic lines but if you know where to look there are quite a few bears in there.

PGKris Guest

OK Then we were in 7-57 or 7-34. Easy to get it mixed up as we put up signs from all the way north to Pink Mountain to as far south as Tumbler over the gravel part of the Memorial HWY then as far west as the Dam. You see em, I punched em in.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman
    There is some bad fires south-west and south of here. I also just talked to a friend in Fort St. James. She lives on the north side of the lake and said that there are huge flames looking south towards Vanderhoof on top of a big ridge....................scary!
    Was fishing yesterday in Stuart Lake and also noticed fires up on the North Rd area. Seem to be fires all around that area. Was smokey when we left there this am. A few water bombers could be seen dumping water on the area.

Anyone know how it is around tumbler ridge for fires ????????

PGKris Guest

Ahhhh.....lots.

PGKris Guest

Last I heard was 0% contained but not threatening any structures. It's raining here now so hopefully the rain moves north.

Just goes to show that it's always a good idea to have backup plans.
    Years ago the area we wanted to hunt was closed due to a fire, so we were forced to hunt somewhere else without having decent plans. I'm not making that mistake again.