Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Only One Knife to survive

Re: Only One Knife to survive

I Only need this one, it will do everything from chopping wood to skinning an animal

One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country

Dont i look Calm to you . lol. . Anyway i cant belive this thread is running . I think its a great question put to all of us who lets hope we will never have to be put in that situation. so many choices..My next knife is going to be a ESEE 6 or a 5
    Last edited by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER; 05-28-2015 at 10:40 PM.
    " Never tell me the Odds "

One knife to survive?

Ironically mine is from a company called "SurviveKnives". They are a rather small niche builder with quite a few offerings emphasizing the utility of the tool over absolute cosmetic perfectness.
    Here is one that I always take "off grid" with me.
    The GSO 7/7
    6.75" blade length… 3/16 thick…1.5" deep …saber grind….. CPM 3V steel. Canvas micarta scales…... kydex sheath… I love this knife. It came to me scary sharp from the builder.

That is a sweet Knife. .where can i get one . a very good choice i would say .. I Just looked up the site for Survive Knifes.. Everything is out of stock . lol
    Last edited by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER; 07-17-2015 at 11:56 PM.

Yes.. they're kinda hard to get… he has started another kick-starter for the next runs. i pre paid and waited 10 months for this one back in 2013.
    They do show up on the secondary market and the big auction site from time to time.
    I also have one of his smaller blades… a GSO 4.1. This is my main camp knife… but when I'm way out and away it's the 7/7.
    heres my 4.1

My survival knife.

https://youtu.be/zi6l5ylSkwA

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    I sure like my leatherman! It is a tool I never leave home without! Moosin
    I will second that!
    I have one on my belt now. Rarely without it. Who's to say when a survival situation should or will occur. Most of you are thinking survival when you are out in the great outdoors. But a catastrophic event could happen while you're out cutting the grass. Don't expect you to be packing your SOG axe or your Tanto sabre then, would you?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Well hopefully if all else is lost on a canoe trip , you manage to have your Go to Knife.. one knife to survive ..