Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Horn Video

Re: Big Horn Video

i surely loved the size of the sheep for sure,however, not much of a hunt, try being there at that time of the year in those weather conditions you say, hmm, doesnt seem any more extreme than a few hunts i have been on or a few people that i know have been on here in BC.
    seemed way to easy to walk up to those sheep, way to used to people, walking past the hunters in the wide open at 19 yards.
    this is one video that surely doesnt portray a hard hunt. not something to be veery proud of in my books.

Awesome video thanks for sharing. So tell me this hunting tame sheep is " pretty gay " and not hunting but driving down a road in your quad and shooting a deer on the side of a FSR is ? At least these guys caught off there ass unlike 80% of the hunters in BC. If someone choose to spend 200gs in raffles tickets well good for them , sounds like jealousy to me. No wonder hunters get the short end of the stick alot we are always fighting each other rather than the antis. Example listen to Bow hunters, meat hunters , trophy hunters , residents to non residents , people hunting with special draws. Everyone has a problem with the " other guy "

Quote Originally Posted by Ddog View Post
    i surely loved the size of the sheep for sure,however, not much of a hunt, try being there at that time of the year in those weather conditions you say, hmm, doesnt seem any more extreme than a few hunts i have been on or a few people that i know have been on here in BC.
    seemed way to easy to walk up to those sheep, way to used to people, walking past the hunters in the wide open at 19 yards.
    this is one video that surely doesnt portray a hard hunt. not something to be veery proud of in my books.
    Dead Dog: Have you ever hunted Sheep in the rut? I have and let me tell you it's alot different hunting from what we see in our regular seasons. Much like hunting anything else in the rut. "Much easier" mine or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddog View Post

So road hunting is a hard hunt ? Or hunting Private land ? Theres tame animals everywhere , places we go stone sheep hunting you could kill the cariboo with a hammer n a apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon500 View Post
    So road hunting is a hard hunt ? Or hunting Private land ? Theres tame animals everywhere , places we go stone sheep hunting you could kill the cariboo with a hammer n a apple.
    Yes, I find road hunting hard.

Getting within 19 yards of a ram like that in a p/u during hunting season would be veryyyyyyyy difficult.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

No, but I dont go on TV and try to make my hunt look hard. I also dont look for my ego to be stroked either.....

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Yes, I find road hunting hard.

Getting within 19 yards of a ram like that in a p/u during hunting season would be veryyyyyyyy difficult.
    Ya hard on your back thats about it. You dont have the stats on how difficult it would be to harvest that ram ? huh thats suprising

Ya hard on your back thats about it. You dont have the stats on how difficult it would be to harvest that ram ? huh thats suprising
    Minus the weather about as hard as it would be to walk off the highway to the feeder in Golden.

It would be an epic tale, but it would be doable.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by willy442 View Post
    By the way Archie is a very accomplished hunter. Having hunted the world over along with his love for and bow hunting ability. You probably are over stepping your abilities critisizing him. In addition to that he has spent huge dollars for wildlife enhancement. Definately a fellow who has given far more to hunting then he has taken. Not many of the wanna be's on here have that record.
    Hey if I had his money I would be just as accomplished as him in your eyes. I dont care how great of hunter he is there is no reason in this world to take a chance like he did shooting at a running animal with a bow.That was plain
    STUPID. Trust me I know who he is very well. We hunt in similar areas.I have nothing bad to say about this hunt at all.I just did not think it was rite how he aquired the tag.Also the running shot was wrong.One day I might have a chance at one of those rams.I agree that the people who have bad things to say about this hunt are Jeleous.

Geez willy442 this crowd is pretty tough on you, (nice Video )

It seems a little wierd to me, that a guy draws a doe tag and kills a yearling doe from the pickup and writes a 3/4 page story about his hunt, and posts 5 pictures of his yearling doe with him sitting behind it looking prouder than a peacock rate 7 or 8 pages of congratulations and attaboy's and this sheep hunt is considered a "Gay" hunt by the same bunch of posters.