Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Horn Video

Re: Big Horn Video

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    sheeesh some crankers there for sure..is there anyplace in BC open for general season that holds BIG Rocky mtn rams...anything close to the rams shown at this Cadomin mine site??

steven
    typically close to other mines.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    what's with all the dramatic music and severe winter condition shots?

Cause that is what gets the uninformed viewer to sit and watch the outdoor channel/wild tv......

A lot of the hunting shows on tv/net are hyped, sensationalized just for entertainement value.....Some more, some less....

I take all of them for what they are "Entertainment"...
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    typically close to other mines.

its funny how those rams are kept almost a bit more secret then the cadomin sheep. i would rather have a governor tag in b.c

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
    Yep you got to catch one off.That is way harder than you think.When did Archie kill his ram??? If I recall it was Dec when he has Not a person in the world to compete with him for a ram.That is the only time I see it beeninng easy there as the sheep have no reason to leave the mine.
    Actually there were rifle hunters in the area also at the time. The first Ram Archie put an arrow in, bedded down with the arrow sticking out of him. A rifle hunter not knowing the ram had been hit with an arrow opened up on it. The end result was Archie told the guy to keep the Ram as it had bullet holes in it and could not be classified as abow kill. The Ram was considerably bigger than the one Archie eventually harvested.

Quote Originally Posted by willy442 View Post
    Actually there were rifle hunters in the area also at the time. The first Ram Archie put an arrow in, bedded down with the arrow sticking out of him. A rifle hunter not knowing the ram had been hit with an arrow opened up on it. The end result was Archie told the guy to keep the Ram as it had bullet holes in it and could not be classified as abow kill. The Ram was considerably bigger than the one Archie eventually harvested.
    Well that is what you get when you take running shots with a bow. Sorry I was wrong on the date. But I know that that tag is good for the first 2 weeks in dec as well when no one has a tag there. other than the other tag. As there is one for residents to draw or the aution one.
    Last edited by JustinC; 02-10-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pearljam View Post
    Yeah,

pretty gay. I have been to cadomin a few times. you can pretty much hand feed the sheep. Just a matter of catching one off the mine
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    wow those guys are extreme, hardcore hunters! with amazing stalking skills
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    that's what camo will do for you.
    Fine statements from hunters that want special concessions and seasons at home.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy-j-peppers View Post
    $210,000 to kill that ram........ It better be hand fed and come with cool music for that price!

weak video sheep sherif!

he won the raffle for this ram

Quote Originally Posted by tankster View Post
    he won the raffle for this ram
    Ya but he bought $20,000 worth of tickets @$10 per.That was BS aswell.should have a max number of ticket alloud per person.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy-j-peppers View Post
    $210,000 to kill that ram........ It better be hand fed and come with cool music for that price!

weak video sheep sherif!
    Don't watch it then. I never took the pictures. It was posted because some people enjoy looking at sheep even if they are adjacent to a park in a so called weak video. I would suggest you grab a camera and go do something better.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
    Well that is what you get when you take running shots with a bow. Sorry I was wrong on the date. But I know that that tag is good for the first 2 weeks in dec as well when no one has a tag there. other than the other tag. As there is one for residents to draw or the aution one.
    By the way Archie is a very accomplished hunter. Having hunted the world over along with his love for and bow hunting ability. You probably are over stepping your abilities critisizing him. In addition to that he has spent huge dollars for wildlife enhancement. Definately a fellow who has given far more to hunting then he has taken. Not many of the wanna be's on here have that record.