Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Horn Video

Big Horn Video

[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0UJsEPAVQw[/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Here is a link to the Alberta Special Permit Big Horn Hunt this past season. This was filmed by a good friend of mine and will be on the outdoor channel in April.[/FONT]

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Big Horn Video

Ha, you can see the cadomin mine in the background in a couple shots..... nice!

i had the privlage to tag along on a few hunts in that area with my freind from alberta. he took a dandy bighorn on one hunt ill dig up some pictures it was early season we actully killed it on opening day not far from where this video was taken probably 3 miles as the crow flys

If they can walk up to mature rams that don't run away, what's with all the dramatic music and severe winter condition shots? lol
    I walk up to rams like that in Clinton and Spences Bridge like that where they can't be hunted.
    I have a camera too Don't know if I would call that a challenging hunt tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I wish trees would scream as a they fell over...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    If they can walk up to mature rams that don't run away, what's with all the dramatic music and severe winter condition shots? lol
    I walk up to rams like that in Clinton and Spences Bridge like that where they can't be hunted.
    Try being on those ridges that time of year before you pick it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Yeah,

pretty gay. I have been to cadomin a few times. you can pretty much hand feed the sheep. Just a matter of catching one off the mine

wow those guys are extreme, hardcore hunters! with amazing stalking skills
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    wow those guys are extreme, hardcore hunters! with amazing stalking skills
    that's what camo will do for you.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

sheeesh some crankers there for sure..is there anyplace in BC open for general season that holds BIG Rocky mtn rams...anything close to the rams shown at this Cadomin mine site??

steven

Quote Originally Posted by pearljam View Post
    Yeah,

pretty gay. I have been to cadomin a few times. you can pretty much hand feed the sheep. Just a matter of catching one off the mine
    Yep you got to catch one off.That is way harder than you think.When did Archie kill his ram??? If I recall it was Dec when he has Not a person in the world to compete with him for a ram.That is the only time I see it beeninng easy there as the sheep have no reason to leave the mine.