Thread: Sheep draw 3-31 B has anyone hunted here?

Sheep draw 3-31 B has anyone hunted here?

l just recieved my sheep draw in 3-31 close to pavilion has anyone hunted this area and what are my chances of getting a ram.
    Any feedback is good feed back,should l go early or late.
    Pete

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sheep draw 3-31 B has anyone hunted here?

I had a tag near there a couple of years ago. I think the season goes till Oct. 20th. Spend as much time as you can from Oct. 10th on, the sheep will start to rut around then.
    I've hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted.

We glassed some rams from the Pavillion hump road to the South. They were heading towards the Fraser like they were coming from zone - A. That was on the forested higher part of your area. We also saw several sheep including a small ram on the lower breaks probably heading down for their evening drink. At that time we were walking the Railway Tracks, again to the south. Much of the land lower along the river is private or I.R.

Pretty steep country, but I did see a nice ram in that area, across the river, last year.

Depending on wher eyou ive, I woud go check out the area in September, and come back to do the serious effort in October, right up to the end of the season...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

steel ram's right alot of the lower breaks along the Fraser before Pavillion are IR or private property but I've run into quite a few guys who had permission from the Band and/or from the Diamond S Ranch, so that seems to not be a problem if you ask.
    They laughed at my boots, laughed at my jeans, laughed when they gave me amphetamines
    Left me alone in a mean part of town, 36 hrs to come back down...am I the last of my kind?

I too see them when deer hunting in there, id say walk the tracks would be a good place to start.
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!