Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Turkey Contest

Re: Turkey Contest

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKER View Post
    Your in with me so smack a big o'l bugger!
    trigger only shoots dink bucks, so you chances there are small,

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

LOL....... this seems to be a great contest so far. Pretty friendly attmosphear. Good luck boys I'M GONE!
    The thread stopper!

Team #1 has taken the name Thunder Chickens. Still waiting for the other teams to PM
    me with their new team names. Come on guys get creative.
    ~ If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting. ~ Aristotle

Anyone get out on the weekend? I was at our achery shoot all weekend so haven't been by the computer.
    ~ If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting. ~ Aristotle

went out on tuesday afternoon and hunted until sunday afternoon. the first few days where rainy snowy but got into some birds despite the crappy weather. set up the double bull and some decoys and had some pretty good action but once again a hen came right up to investigate the decoys. two long beards where hanging back about 80 yards. the hen spooked and the gobblers just walked away. i had two hens and a jake out, i just don't get the results like you see on the videos. i rarely use decoys but the weather was so bad i had to sit in the blind. i'm pretty sure that had not had any decoys out they would of just feed by within bow range. next year i'll have some taxi decoys instead of plastic.

then it got pretty nice out and i was able to roost birds every night, but each morning i had my hunt ruined by other hunters. i knew exactly where they roosted(gobbling the evening before) so i let very early and parked as close as i dare in a very visible spot in the complete darkness. come gobbling time the birds where hot! then came the other hunters most kept driving on but several guys parked behind my truck on down the road a couple hundred yards. i treid every thing i know to let them know i was there but it didn't matter they kept coming. ****ing dicks. on sunday there where 3 trucks parked within eyesight of my truck. if your the guy with a brown suv and gobble box that you rattle every 2 minutes. your an idiot! you spooked more birds in 3 days than most do in lifetime. do us all a favour and loose the gobble box.

the afternoon's where good once everybody left, had 3 very good chances with long beards within bow range just scratching and no calling but was unable to get a shot away.

hope to hit it again on wedsday, maybe tuesday if i can get away a little early.

hope everybody else is having as much fun as i am! even the brown suv guy, please get ride of the gobble box, it sounds so bad! the turkey's just tuck and run every time you use it.

Ok I have donated some prizes myself towards the contest.
    Five prize bundles of;

A Petzle LED head lamp,
    Bass Pro Shop beer cozy,
    Turkey fridge magnet,
    and a Klein knife sharpener.

Also I picked up a dash mount bobble head turkey as a hidden weight prize.

P&R Archery has also donated a PSE archery hat for best bird with archery equipment.

Come on guys lets see some more birds hit the ground.

Contest Prizes;

Biggest Bird- a full mount bird, just cover material costs!- Donated by Similkameen wildlife studio's.
    Please get your bird in the freezer as fast as possible, they can turn quickly in the heat.

Second Biggest Bird- turkey fan mount! Just need your tail and beard and I"ll take care of the rest.- Donated by Similkameen wildlife studio's.

A hand crafted turkey slate/glass call. The body of the call is made from rosewood. It features a unique sound camber that gives the call the perfect sound. One side of the call is real slate and the other side features a custom made glass surface. The sales price of the call has been estimated at $250. This is the only call of its kind in existence. Also a custom built hardwood striker in that is perfectly matched for the call.- Donated by Huntwriter

Five prize bundles of;

A Petzle LED head lamp,
    Bass Pro Shop beer cozy,
    Turkey fridge magnet,
    and a Klein knife sharpener.- Donated by BCBrez

Hidden weight prize- Dash mount bobble head turkey.- Donated by BCBrez

Best bird with archery equipment- A PSE archery hat.- Donated by P&R Archery

Some great prizes. Thanks to everyone who donated.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc