Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Rig!

Re: New Rig!

Hey LP1, That looks sweet!. Don't forget the crab pots. I bet 303brit is getting excited?.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Is your last name Bankes????

Looking real good.

Hahahaha you recognized that paint scheme? lol Bankes boats is only 2 hours away from where i grew up, so all our rigs and layouts for divers back east were painted to match his scheme.

Loving it can't facken wait!!!!!

Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Well boys no real updates other then i have 50% of the frame for the blind done. I am taking pictures as i go so i can show the construction and complete f ing around i have done. You can buy an avery pop blind for $500. do it. hahaha its quite a bit of tiral and error bringing what in my mind to be practical. However i did see a group of about 200 of various scoters and harlis yesterday so the drive is on to get er done in time.

PICS PICS PICS!! I'd never spend that much on a blind.... homemade is the way to go if you got the tools, materials, know how, and the willing to do what is called trial and error

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

What you have there is an old Seine dead skiff,I used to row one for years as a deckhand , there great boats well made very durable,it will give you a lifetime of service.
    WF
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    PICS PICS PICS!! I'd never spend that much on a blind.... homemade is the way to go if you got the tools, materials, know how, and the willing to do what is called trial and error
    Lorne has everything you mentioned except for most of the tools, and well......the know how

Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    Well thats the problem not even including my time I havent saved much.

6 10 foot peices of 3/4 inch galvanized emt - $90 bucks
    2 cans of flat back spray bbq paint for painting emt both to get rid of glare and protect from the salt. $20
    Misc, Bimini fittings, swivels attachments, quick releases, clevis pins nuts bolts etc. $100 (everthing has to be stainless for obvious reasons)
    2-2x4x8, 2-2x4x10, $20
    1-30x20 dark heavy duty green tarp $50ish
    1-20x10 camo netting(which im not sure is enoug, will find out sunday....$120
    So im in 400 as of right now.. and i am about 70 percent sure ill need another 20x10 camo netting, which will put me close before taxes of one already built.

However it wouldn't be custom like everything else on the boat

Lorne

Well I am down to the short strokes( i hope!) hahah

Finally got the frame done. 303 gave gave me a quick hand today bracing it which was helpful all i have left to is but the tarps and netting and close off the front and back.

So...... i started by mounting 2 2x4's to the front and back with L brackets and SS nuts and bolts. I drilled right through the boat.

After that I built the front bracing. I used 3/4 emt and 7/8 bimini hardware. the 3/4 didnt fit in it so a cored it out a bit and used a heat gun.

Next I built the back. This is what took the most amount of time. With 2 people It wouldnt have been bad, but it being my first run and the size of it it was hard to guess at things especially with the 2 tiered apporach. this resulted in alot of cutting, fitting refitting, taking things apart etc.

the frame and Braces are help together with ss bolts and wing nuts, but i am going to use trailer celvis pins for the front to make it super quick to put it down to rerive birds and decoys. Shold have her all done by next weekend. The whole thing goes up and down in under a minute. I didnt take a pic of it down but it folds right down. Which i will secure with bungees for travel to and from duck hunting spots. Heres some more pics.

heres the tarp and netting, and finnally got the water spread done and rigged.
    24 white wings and surf scoters on 36 inch drops, 3 50 foot longlines.
    onsingle 15ft drops
    6 buffies
    6 golden eyes
    12 lards
    3 pintails

Last edited by lorneparker1; 09-25-2011 at 03:43 PM.