Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Shotgun to buy?

Re: Which Shotgun to buy?

I have a Browning BPS, 3" chamber and I bought it because it fit's me. Most shotguns don't. It is reasonably easy to disassemble and reassemble for cleaning and it will take a lot of dirt [i.e. typical day in the field.] Mine dosn't like all shells Kent empty hulls somtimes jam, Winchester pattern poorly [ type of choke tube in it?] Federal and Remington work perfectly. What's on my wish list is a Winchester Model 12 in 3" chamber if I ever see one. That will last more than a life time.

Remington 870 is a great choice! I have one myself and only use it for grouse but its a great gun.

Browning Bps Chambered In 3.5 " And A Good Briley Choke Tube 1" Extended. I Got Mine From Stillwater Sports From Brian And Got The Best Price Around. Give Brian A Call And He Will Hook You Up. Make Sure You Get The 3.5 Chamber Alittle More Money Than The 3" But Its Worth It When You Want To Shoot Geese

Good Luck

Wingmaster --- Cant Get Wrong!!

Thanks to all, I will be test fitting a bunch!

Let us all know what you end up buying!

if you want classic performance with a wood stock get the 870 wingmaster, it wouldnt be the most popular shotgun out there if it wasnt great,

my dad shoots steel through his lead barrel... thats how good it is. he has had no jams and has never had to clean it since the 80's when he bought it.

if you want a synthetic stock then go with a different model of 870 or go for the 887. its a newer model still pump with synthetic stock though, my hunting buddy has it and likes it

Yet another vote for the 870 Wingmaster, I've had mine since the first year they came out in 3", and it's never ever jammed or given me any problem...if it fits you well you will be happy you bought one! You'll be happy this season, ten years from now, twenty years from now, and even when you're a grey haired old geezer handing it down to your son! You've got my word on that!
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Quote Originally Posted by Singleshotneeded View Post
    Yet another vote for the 870 Wingmaster, I've had mine since the first year they came out in 3", and it's never ever jammed or given me any problem...if it fits you well you will be happy you bought one! You'll be happy this season, ten years from now, twenty years from now, and even when you're a grey haired old geezer handing it down to your son! You've got my word on that!
    damn right american quality, thats probably the one thing that hasnt depleted with the economy... gun sales LOL

i just bought the 887 nitromag and it was a good gun for this season no problems yet!! but ya 870 is a great gun!!