Re: historic sheep harvest in 7b

What is AAH? seems like the resident harvest has been decreasing

Quote Originally Posted by snareman1234 View Post
    What is AAH? seems like the resident harvest has been decreasing
    Annual Allowable Harvest

Bridger,

Just wondering about the intent and purpose of this post? You don't seem to offer a point, only data. Obviously you are insinuating something or is it just to stir #$&* because the tiresome "guides vs residents" battle has been too quiet lately? Sorry, but I am so sick of hearing it and it wastes too many people's time and energy that could be better focused elsewhere in wildlife conservation.
    A post like this just seems inflammatory. You provide a number like that to those "not in the know" and it seems terrible. A lot of folks don't even know what AAH is, what the allocation policy is and what the quotas are..... Why don't you also provide a bit more info as well so people can make informed decisions and thoughts. Share the resident allocation number??? Why don't you share the outfitter's harvest numbers and how it compares to their allocation. The truth is, in general, everyone is under-utilizing their sheep quotas.

The fact is, any BC resident can go up into 7-36, 42, 43, 50, 51, 52, 54 or 7-57 and shoot a full curl ram if they have the heart, the knees, the skill and the desire. What more do you want? Actually, I guess I already know. Two sheep per season (greedy), earlier seasons than the guides (greedy and very possibly detrimental to the sheep themselves), no curl restrictions..... etc. Did I miss anything?
    You know we (residents) don't need to kill everything we are allocated. Sometimes after a hard winter, a few extra sheep would be a handy thing to have around.

Jeez, give it a rest........

Not a personal attack, just sick and tired of listening to the same old broken record....... Plenty of other important issues to work on and deal with.

CLINT
    Last edited by Whisky Creek; 01-28-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    Here's to the land of diamond hitches, packers and cooks, the Ol' Son$ofbitche$.......... Skook Davidson

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky Creek View Post
    You know we (residents) don't need to kill everything we are allocated. Sometimes after a hard winter, a few extra sheep would be a handy thing to have around.
    If you don't harvest your allocation it is transferred to the commercial sector in the following allocation period.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Thumbs down Re: historic sheep harvest in 7b

I didn't see any $hit disturbing in Bridger's post, actually, I didn't see any until you posted this.
    Rich,

Just wondering about the intent and purpose of this post? You don't seem to offer a point, only data. Obviously you are insinuating something or is it just to stir #$&* because the tiresome "guides vs residents" battle has been too quiet lately? Sorry, but I am so sick of hearing it and it wastes too many people's time and energy that could be better focused elsewhere in wildlife conservation.
    A post like this just seems inflammatory. You provide a number like that to those "not in the know" and it seems terrible. A lot of folks don't even know what AAH is, what the allocation policy is and what the quotas are..... Why don't you also provide a bit more info as well so people can make informed decisions and thoughts. Share the resident allocation number??? Why don't you share the outfitter's harvest numbers and how it compares to their allocation. The truth is, in general, everyone is under-utilizing their sheep quotas.

The fact is, any BC resident can go up into 7-36, 42, 43, 50, 51, 52, 54 or 7-57 and shoot a full curl ram if they have the heart, the knees, the skill and the desire. What more do you want? Actually, I guess I already know. Two sheep per season (greedy), earlier seasons than the guides (greedy and very possibly detrimental to the sheep themselves), no curl restrictions..... etc. Did I miss anything?

Not a personal attack, just sick and tired of listening to the same old broken record....... Plenty of other important issues to work on and deal with.

CLINT
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Goat guy,

If the Outfitters are already at their maximum allocation, the resident harvest can under achieve until the cows come home and they still can't lose our allocation. As stated, both stakeholders are under achieving allocation anyways.
    Here's to the land of diamond hitches, packers and cooks, the Ol' Son$ofbitche$.......... Skook Davidson

W.C. why stir the pot ?
    I presume the info was offered for those that know and appreciate it, like any other thread about ballistics or what underwear to wear
    Those that don't know and are interested will ask ??'s, like any other topic.
    Those who don't care will breeze by.
    Kinda sensitive, are you ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Goat guy,

If the Outfitters are already at their maximum allocation, the resident harvest can under achieve until the cows come home and they still can't lose our allocation. As stated, both stakeholders are under achieving allocation anyways.
    That may be true in parts of region 6 but it is not accurate for regions 3,4,5 and 8 when it comes to sheep. As well in region 6 you dont actually have an AAH, more like arbitrarily assigned numbers. Residents don't actually have an AAH in region 6 other than the few which have been assigned in the leh zones and for the most part residents are not at the 'minimum' 60% share yet; typically outfitters are still allocated more than 40% on paper and better than 60%+ on the ground.

In terms of the allocation it's very simple; there are x number of sheep to be harvested. At a high level those sheep and that opportunity can be used by residents or sold by outfitters. As a user the choice and opinion is yours.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Bridger,

CLINT
    Clint
    you seem to be in a bad mood. i posted that info as general information only as a lot of sheep hunters want to know what is going on in the sheep hunting world. nothing to do with stirring the pot between res and the goabc. any resident can go into region 7b and go sheep hunting with an over the counter tag as you so succcintly pointed out and i think that is something all resident sheep hunters would like to see continued so i see nothing wrong with information that is public knowledge being given to the resident sheep hunting fraternity to further interest in our sport and passion. If i offended you it was unintentional, but you do have the option of not reading info i post on the site. also do not confuse quota's with allocated share they are not the same.
    Last edited by bridger; 01-28-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

Goat guy,

seeing how it was you that opened this topic you should understand that if outfitters are acheiving their maximum quota's as you point out that means that residents are being given their minimum allocated share. the policy is designed to acheive resident priority and that will be acheived when residents are harvesting their maximum allocated harvest and non residents harvest their minimum allocated share. This may or may not sit well with you, but I'd bet my best saddle horse most resident sheep hunters would support resident priority.
    Resident hunter and proud of it!