Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheep....NOW GOATS

Re: Sheep....NOW GOATS

I'd love to get a nice big goat. I agree with the others in that the country they live in is awesome...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Well guys I had an extra draw card so I threw it in on goats just for the hell of it. It turns out I will be hunting goats come sept 1 this year in 7-03L I have been sledding in the area in the past but not that early in the year I guess I am now going to be spending some time scouting in that area. If anyone has a little info of the area any help will be appreciated.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

I just came back from the Yukon, B.C and Alaska border last week. The girlfriend and I spotted quite a few goats with the spotting scope just off the Alaska highway. Saw three adults and to little ones just on the Alaska side of the boarder. Two of the three adults were definate shooters. Saw a few more on the B.C. side all solo. Hey Steelco if you read this maybe you could post the pic I e-mailed you of the goats.

Here you go!
    Last edited by Steeleco; 07-06-2006 at 08:05 AM.

I got my goat draw this year so hopefully I'll find the time to fill it, they usually take back seat to other game for me. I really like goat mounts and one day I will put one on the wall but I'm not chomping at the bit to do it. I prefer to be hunting deer in mid to late november but the area I drew is sooooo close to home that I can day hunt the goats

I was drawn as well, same as last year 4-38.

However last year my goat hunt was less of a priority because I had been drawn for sheep and was not taking no for an answer on my sheep tag.

This year my goat draw was my only one so I will make sure I get after one of those late season capes in hopes of a nice half size mount!

Sitka,

Those pictures bring back memories. I might be back in that bowl October chasing Goatzilla (or one of his brothers) for myself!!!!!

PGKris Guest

Hey ape talk to scuba. He took a nice one out of that area. That's around where I was going to put in. Some really nice country. Good luck!

My father was just drawn for goats in 5-04 Yucheda Lake (I think). We've never hunted them before. Does anyone know what our odds are up in that area. If anyone has any helpful hints please PM me. Looking forward to it but we need some help here. Thanks guys.

PGKris Guest

Well if your signature says what guns you own, I would look at the .243 The .308 is better power but you'll want the long distance shooting ability. Just an idea...here it comes...I suggested a calibre...let the war begin!

I looked into the area a little better and it is on the eastern shore of upper Taseko Lake. Not a lot of road access but might take the boat. Has anyone hunted that area? Are there any goats there or are we wasting our time? It's not even my tag but I'm starting to get excited just to go with the old man and see if we can't find him something.