Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheep....NOW GOATS

Sheep....NOW GOATS

So we have talked about sheep...now lets talk Goats...
    The only Goat I have taken was two years ago in region 6. It was just over nine inches long and scored just over 46 BC....I really enjoyed hunting them and will be looking this year when sheep hunting for another..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sheep....NOW GOATS

so post a pic of him. im hoping to go for goats this year so thanks for starting this thread.

Sorry ..posting pics is way out of my expertise...look in LTs gallery to see the trip...

Here you go Palmer.

Those are some pretty content smiles, good for you guys.
    Last edited by Steeleco; 07-06-2006 at 08:09 AM.

You have got to be crazy chasing goats.what A blast my best is A region 6 goat 2 years ago. just missed the book pic is in my avater.

i've shot two goats, one in region 6 and one in region 7. pics are in my gallery. not sure how to get them here?

While considered a "poor man's sheep" by some, there's nothing I'd like more than a nice late-season half mount billy adorning my living room wall.
    I haven't spent much time chasing them and it shows. I've only shot one small late-season goat a few years ago.
    Definitely not picture worthy .
    Maybe this will be the year.

SSS

My absolute favorite critter to hunt.

Love the meat in the early season; it's a little chewy but man does it taste good.

Goats, to me, are a trophy animal kinda like sheep and I probably won't shoot more than 10 in my lifetime eventhough I've spent several trips specifically chasing goats.

The coastal variety are far and away bigger than interior goats. The bases on them make all the difference.

I'll be out in November (probably throwing rocks at stone sheep steve) this year looking for a late season cape unless I get the late season region 6 draw then it'll be December/January.

It certainly isn't for the faint of heart but it is unbelieveably rewarding. The country they live in is second to none.
    Last edited by GoatGuy; 06-29-2006 at 07:04 AM.

I agree with Goat Guy.

I have hunted them off and on for about 20 years and have only harvested two of them, packed a lot more out as a guide and a sherpa for friends. I now just chase them with stick and string and that is a whole different ball game.

Here is the last one I got a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I just got drawn in 3-35 A* any help out there between Sicamous and Three Valley Gap north of Hwy 1

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

PGKris Guest

I want to hunt them. I think they're cool. Second only to a big Dall ram in my books. Really considered putting in this year but the way things are turning out, there isn't much hope in having enough time. Next year!