Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moose Hunt Pink Mountain

Re: Moose Hunt Pink Mountain

Takes lots of drinking water! We drank the water up there on our first trip, that was a real bad mistake! The Rest Area bathrooms are way to far apart I found out well driving home! We'd seen lots of Wild Horses on a couple of our trips up there also, not sure if there's any of them left, but they were kind of neat to see! Hell, I want to start pack'in my gear up now for one more Trip! I've cleaned and re cleaned all my camping stuff so many times this winter the frying pans gleam like Chrome on a Bumper, and there Cast Iron!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    Takes lots of drinking water! We drank the water up there on our first trip, that was a real bad mistake! The Rest Area bathrooms are way to far apart I found out well driving home! We'd seen lots of Wild Horses on a couple of our trips up there also, not sure if there's any of them left, but they were kind of neat to see! Hell, I want to start pack'in my gear up now for one more Trip! I've cleaned and re cleaned all my camping stuff so many times this winter the frying pans gleam like Chrome on a Bumper, and there Cast Iron!!!

LOL, It must be what you're used to, I would probably get the "trots" if I drank the water around your place but it doesn't bother me here.
    There are still LOTS of wild horses around, but they are more common in the Tuchodi, Gato, type areas. Not bad in a pinch, taste a little like Elk.
    Get that stuff packed up, you never know if/when you might need to "Bug Out" for some reason

RD
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

i work on the 135 rd and 126 rd the moose hunting is good the weather can make it difficult if it rains but its very nice country

I've gone there a few times. Just love it up there! One time I shot this really big bull and a grizzly claimed half of it while I watched (sitting on my quad with the engine running a hundred yards down the road). The scarriest episode though was a couple three years ago driving the gumbo road as we're heading home.

Camping close to the hi way is a good idea could save you a couple hours getting out if the weather turns. Also following roads that one tons with big tires have traveled in the mud is not a good idea in a half ton. I learned this the hard way many years ago. I spent most of my first season operating a bumper jack ( take one , as well as ropes , chains , shovel , winches and a chain saw ) its usually busy enough to get help ,but not always. As far as a stock half ton they are too low and the front and rear ends hang up going through the ruts often leaving all 4 tires off the ground. If you want to see mud with a closer drive try Chetwynd, ,Dawson , Moberly or Hudson's Hope. ( lots of hunters some moose)
    Mike