Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend CORE course Kelowna

Re: Weekend CORE course Kelowna

To resurrect an old thread. My father wants to take up hunting so he can join me on hunts. What are some current numbers for CORE instructors in Kelowna. Thanks in advance.
    BCWF, CSSA, NFA, RFOCBC, 4WDABC, NAHC

i don't know if this is going to answer any questions, but here's my pov. i took the core course online over a month and i bit just because my schedule was all over the place and wasn't able to commit to a course. after i finished i contacted Jim Parfrey here in vernon and was able to go write my exam and complete my course. him and i sat and talked a little bit while he marked my exam and discussed the pros and cons, if you have your pal and a good understanding of core program and can do the learning on your own, the online course is good. if you don't have your pal and and contradict the previous statement then he online course if not for you as you learn the basic of firearm safety in the course and is of advantage because you need to perform your practical portion of firearm safety in order to obtain your core. hope this helps a little. sorry if its a little confusing

Although there is an 'on line' course, I have found that the students can do just as well or better by obtaining the text and reading through - far cheaper too. You will also need to get a copy of the hunting regs, and be able to find stuff from them. If you do not have your PAL you should go to a friend's house and have him show you about ammo and firearm actions. Then do your exam(s) with an examiner. Send the papers away and wait a week for return mail with instructions to get your hunter number.
    Teaching and examining for this program more than 41 years in Kamloops.

Just talked to Chuck Hardy, disregard previous post, but his march CORE classes are as follows: March 12 and 13, and March 26 and 27...in both cases they are all day from 8 am until 5 pm. Cost is $125 in paper money or gold. Address is 825 Quigley, the northeast side of Kelowna. God bless, pass the whisky and ammunition!
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!