Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bushnell 4200 is it worth it?

Re: bushnell 4200 is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO
    but how many people actually go out hunting when it starts raining like a mother?
    I'm sorry, I just find this pretty damn funny. I think I am out hunting blacktails here on the coast more days in the rain than when the weather is nice. It's a rain forest here.

Bow Walker Guest

Where does everyone usually buy their optics?? Local? Mail Order?

I just bought a pair of binos from this place - check it out.

http://www.binocularscnada.com

I just picked up a pair of Leica Ultravids for $1500CAN form Cameraland in NY.

They are demo models, but appear brand new, with warranty etc. Got aZiess spotter for about $1400CAN, too.

As far as I know, they dont' deal in scopes, though. I get FIrebird to buy me scopes fomr his sources, when I need a new scope.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I had a B&L scope crap out on me while in the field. I sent it in on warranty and they gave me an upgraded Bushnell brand new... no charge. The turn around time was about a month. So in the mean time I bought another scope and sold the new warranty one once I got it back.

I've used all of them, still have a 3200 on my Varmint rig, but I don't like it.

I'm with Firebird, the Optics on the VXII's are just as good as the 4200 Bushnells.

I sold ALL my 4200's they are seriously HEAVY PIGS vs comparable Leos.

The Rainguard does work's well so this may be a factor for you.

IMHO a VXII 3-9x40 is the Best Bang for the Buck in a Hunting Scope these days......it always has been actually

I would advise you to look at the Leupold VXll scopes. Same price range and much lighter(usually 3-5 ounces).
    I've used several "top of the line" Bushnell scopes over the years and have had most of them crap out and go the the repair depot.(which usually took several months) Always thought the optics were okay, but they weren't very tough.
    Leupolds are tough, light, decent glass, and if by chance you do have a problem their warranty is the best. (even if you aren;t the original owner) Check out used leupold prices if you think they don't hold their value.
    I'm personally done with Bushnells, I can do much better in the same price range.

I have quite a few B&Ls, from ancient non-adjustable Balvars to both 4000s and 3000s and I have many Leupies as well; I also have West German Zeiss and so forth. I just bought a new scope for my Dakota 76 and it is a Leupy VX-III 1.75-6 HDM, my favourite hunting scope. I had B&L 4000 on this rifle, a .338 and it split my eyebrow wide open, so, i put on a Leupie LPS which I found too heavy and it ruined the superb balance of this rifle.

I now use the Leupy 1.75 and 3.5x10x50 on all of my serious hunting rifles with complete satisfaction and i expect to buy a VX-III 4.5x14x50 for my P-64-.264 Mag. in the spring. After over 100 big game rifles and probably 85 scopes since 1964, I much prefer Leupy and use all my other scopes as either spares or on rifles I don't usually hunt with. Leupy rocks!!!

I have some Leupies that are over 30 yrs. old and STILL work like new.

to me, if you're going to be spending 4200 $$$, go with Leupold and get a better warranty