Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken Arrows?!

Re: Broken Arrows?!

Quote Originally Posted by brad ferris View Post
    Radial X weave 300. Not sure who actually makes them but apparently they number their spine stiffness backwards to the rest of the world. Another good reason to deal with a pro archery shop.
    I'm very interested to hear the outcome. In my first post I wanted to ask if you were shooting a biscuit. How much arrow do you have sticking out in front when at full draw?
    They are a PSE product
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    A quick look at the spine chart for x-weave arrows shows that you may be using shafts that are a bit too weak.

Try using some 200 spine shafts - they're a bit stronger and will stand up to more 'abuse'.

I'm in no way a bow professional but Am I missing something??? How do you get the 200 is stiffer than the 300???http://store.fastcommerce.com/thebow...2f55ca7-c.html

If anything they are over-stiff not under and in which case would not cause them to break under the stress of the bow string.

I'm running an X-Force GX with the same arrows set at 65lb draw with a total arrow weight of 390 Grains and I've never seen that problem.

I'm going to say the fletch job is the culprit, Or what ever chemical you used to clean them up before the fletch job took place.

Doesn't matter how old or gangster you are, if a toddler hands you a toy phone, you answer that sh!t

Shooting fingers or release ???? Arrow alignment with rest and type of rest ?
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_ola View Post
    I'm in no way a bow professional but Am I missing something??? How do you get the 200 is stiffer than the 300???http://store.fastcommerce.com/thebow...2f55ca7-c.html

If anything they are over-stiff not under and in which case would not cause them to break under the stress of the bow string.

I'm running an X-Force GX with the same arrows set at 65lb draw with a total arrow weight of 390 Grains and I've never seen that problem.

I'm going to say the fletch job is the culprit, Or what ever chemical you used to clean them up before the fletch job took place.
    Horny bows like the Xforce products, Bowtechs Airbornes destroyers, Hoyts Turbos etc... ... with agresive Cams usually prefer a slightly stiffer spine than whats typically called for by manufacturers charts in my experiance
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

To Sum up all the questions so far,
    -Shooting a release Aid, \
    - Aprox 3.25" of arrow not counting the field point past the leading of my wisker biscuit at full draw
    -I bought these arrows from factory glued, all the shop did was cut them to length and put in inserts.
    - 100 gram field points
    -There has been no extra use of Glue, acetetone cleaner
    I think that the limbs may be out of square slightly, but can't tell on my own. I hope that I'll be able to bring it to someone who knows thier stuff to try and figure this out.
    Please if you have any other ideas let me know. Its great having someone (anyone) with more exp. then me to brainstorm.
    Thanks

Let's have a photo of your setup.
    Doesn't matter how old or gangster you are, if a toddler hands you a toy phone, you answer that sh!t

I almost wonder if your rest is way out of center shot .... a full containment rest like the WB when out of center will create alot of side force on the arrow and the bow string
    A true Archery Nut

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    I almost wonder if your rest is way out of center shot .... a full containment rest like the WB when out of center will create alot of side force on the arrow and the bow string
    Kinda What I'm thinking as well being as the arrows are stock, Maybe go over the bow and ensure everything is set up the correct way.

Here's a link to help ya out

http://www.eastonarchery.com/pdf/tuning_guide.pdf

Allan,

Wayne is going away until February the 22nd. I mentioned to him your problem. He said that on Wednesday, there will be someone there to help you. I'll pm you the hour of operation.

SG

I agree with the WB alignment. Get it slightly out of center shot and add some bow torque and you have a lot of force going down the shaft. This would not be evident on every shot as you don't torque every shot. Best to start with the bow and rest.
    Even with an agressive cam at 60 lbs and 100 grain field point the shaft is adequately spined for his setup. A .359 spine for the 300 would not be dangerously light spined. Look for wear on the WB or even contact on the WB ring.
    Loose knocks usually split the end of the shaft in a linear crack. Least on the carbons I have been using.. Gold tips ad Carbon express.