Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone still hunt off an atc

Re: Anyone still hunt off an atc

i have a 1983 kawi klt 250, i love it way better gas mileage,and plenty of power.and there quiet not like big quads are,it depends how good the machine is by who's riding.i take mine every where.

i hear those tings are dangerous,ha ha ha ! dont wast your money on new junk,you dont need a check engine light comming on when your at the top of a mountain!.If it works dont fixx it!

I've added an '04 Rubicon to my stable, but still have my '82 ATC 200. It doesn't see a lot of use lately, since the quad is nicer to ride. The light 300lb ATC is definitely easier to throw around than the 600lb Rubi. Both are good machines, just slightly different in their strengths. I have no plan to get rid of mine anytime soon. In the 12 years I've owned it it has been little more than gas, air filter cleanings and oil changes for maintenance. It is far too tough and reliable of a machine to get rid of, especially considering how little most people will pay for one.

Quote Originally Posted by white moose View Post
    Speaking of older machines, my dad has an 82 110cc trailbike from honda. This thing is awesome, it has hi-lo range, super quiet and awesome on fuel. It has a nice little rack on the back and a extra fuel tank. Mint shape and great for cruising logging roads. Any members use these? Dad tells me these are rare because most bikes like this are 90cc.
    I have the exact same one.......

I used to have two of them. They are tough little machines. I almost killed myself on them when I was first starting out! Once you get the hang of riding them they are great!

I've seen lots of guys get hurt riding Trikes. Most of the accidents were caused by driving two fast to make a corner or flipping over backwards going up hills. If ridden properly there good machines, but not a lot of people ever did ride them properly! My Father in Law bought one when they first came out years ago, there was sure a lot of us on the wounded list real quick! My Younger Brother went through a barbed wire fence long ago, he cut his throat pretty bad, it was up here and we had to stop the bleeding and all's I had was duct tape and a towel, we stopped it so we didn't have to go to town to the hospital!!! Thank God for Whiskey back then, but I think that's why he went through the fence in the first place! My son has a Three Wheeler here for extra hunters that come up, and he dumped it last year going up a hill, his rifle, bino's and body took a bit of a shit kicking, but he made out OK. You have to use a lot of common sense riding them, and if you do they get you around just fine!