Thread: early/late muzzle loader season???

early/late muzzle loader season???

Does BC still have an early/late muzzle loader season I looked but can't see one listed?
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: early/late muzzle loader season???

i am pretty sure it is no.

There used to be "primitive weapons" seasons which included muzzle-loaders for moose in some Region 7 zones, ....... but it got nixed about 13-14 years ago.

You can use a muzzle loader during an open season, unless it is specifically prohibited in some zones or for certain species.

I don't recall ever having one in Region 4, quite sure there are none in BC now.

No reason why you can't use a muzzleloader during regular hunting season. We have the most liberal seasons available! Fill your boots.

Muzzle and bow use to be the same many moons ago.....

When the "in-line" rifles became more popular and had the longer reach the season changed to regular rifle (GOS) IIRC......

Like stated above, there is no special muzzleloader season.

Should there be one or not, that's a whole other can of worms

Reason I ask is years ago I used to hunt the bow/muzzle loader season I used a bow I had sworn to myself never to get into black powder more to do with just not having the time to get into another aspect of the shooting/hunting world than anything else...

I now have an opportunity to buy a black powder/muzzle loader barrel for my Contender carbine and I'm trying to decide it I go for it or not basically if I can't hunt a special early season I really don't see/have a need to get the barrel .

I've made an offer and the fellow has countered but we're still $50.00 apart with neither of us prepared to move further...

I'm thinking if I want to get into black powder I'll save my money and just load my 45 Colt or 45-70 barrels up with black powder loads...
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...