Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 50 cal crossbow

Re: 50 cal crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    40 bucks for a a peice of teflon ... ya .. I'll make my own thanks ...

I like this better

http://www.airowgun.com/
    I don't think I would want to be the crash test dummy in that court case. Blowguns are prohib & pellet rifles over 500fps... breaks both those rules...
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

Quote Originally Posted by Dragginbait View Post
    If you could mount that to a long bow, then you might have some interested people on this site.

When I was younger and My brothers and I would chase each other around with paintballs and slingshots, I started playing with the idea of making something similar for my recurve...cool Idea but it probably would have been difficult to make it past 16 had I gone through with it.

That being said...paintballs out of an x-bow???
    What's my Ideal date? How bout a campfire lit diner, followed by a long walk with just you, me, and my gun. Oh yeah, and "getting lucky" in November is going to mean dropping that Booner buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Flingin' Sticks View Post
    When I was younger and My brothers and I would chase each other around with paintballs and slingshots, I started playing with the idea of making something similar for my recurve...cool Idea but it probably would have been difficult to make it past 16 had I gone through with it.

That being said...paintballs out of an x-bow???
    That would be fun until someone insisted on playing against you during crossbow only games with their full auto deathmaker.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    I wonder if the ball is less weight than a bolt. If so I wonder how long the limbs would last as it appears to me to be pretty close to a dry fire.
    Good point. Like Bill said - .50 cal lead balls are weighing only 178 grains. That's way too light for a crossbow. Recipe for a disaster, unles that little teflon thingy weighs around 300 grains...

Did anyone look any further or just dead idea?